Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

What changes in 2.6.8.0?

Just noticed that there is a new version, 2.6.8.0 and wondered what changes in this release?

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

For major updates, we notify users via e-mail.

Minor updates happen at least once a month, sometimes twice. There is always something that needs to be improved on. Often, simple things like optimized grammars to make speech reco more flexible, or to be in synch with latest changes to Prepar3D V3, GSX or AES

V2.8.0 mostly refines ATC PTT switch operation as well as "bug up" operation with PMDG 737 NGX

If you're one of the users who reported a specific issue be it on this forum or via e-mail, you would know about the minor update. Others can just update at their convenience.

Thanks Gerald, although I don't use the PMDG 737NGX, guess I'll upgrade anyway just to keep up to date then.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Took the plunge and upgraded to v2.8.0.

However during last two flights in the Majestic Dash, my copilot (both me Stuart and William) are not recognising my commands "After takeoff procedure" or "After takeoff checklist". But when I get to the descent phase, he then regonises the "Descent Checklist" request ok.

Any thoughts as to why these two commands are not being heard/ understood.

Cheers

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

In my mjcq8 folder there is no "after takeoff procedure". I see a "climb flow/procedure". Maybe you should try that.

And as for the checklist. Check if that part is in your checklist that you're using.

Best regards John

John Cramer

After take off flow that preceded after take off checklist may be;-

POSITIVE CLIMB GEAR UP

1000 FEET AGL FLAPS 0º

AUTOPILOT ENGAGE (heading/NAV VOR ARM)

AUTOPILOT IAS (although we set this on the runway at before take off flow, with the best climb speed dialed in to save time)

PITCH WHEEL SET 155 KTS (best climb rate, if not set already)

BLEED FLOW NORM

AUTOPILOT NAV (Observe Airport Departure Information)

You may need to do a quick Vox Script flow,for the above after T.O.

Then the Climb Flow, which should already be in our files, thus;

STBY HYDR PRESS + PTU CNTRL BOTH OFF

AUX FUEL PUMPS BOTH OFF

AUTOFEATHER OFF

ICE PROTECTION AS REQUIRED

WX RADAR ON

MFD2 Press WX/TERR

ARCDU CHIME

CONDITION LEVERS 900 CLIMB POWER (MCE does this for us, oops sorry I mean the First Officer does it!:-))

POWER LEVER Reduce Power before levelling off

ALTIMETER + STANDBY ALTIMETERS SET QNH 1013 (When cleared to or above 10,000 Feet)

Bobs your uncle! Or Stuart's your First Officer!

Cheers

David

After checking this morning I realsied that I too don't have After Takeoff Flow or Checklist in my Majestic voxscripts and in fact my issue was with the After Start Flow, which seems to interpret my request as "Auto Start Lo"! However after a couple of attempts it did recognise "After Start Procedure" correctly.

Guess I'll just have to speak clearer!

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

After checking this morning I realsied that I too don't have After Takeoff Flow or Checklist in my Majestic voxscripts and in fact my issue was with the After Start Flow, which seems to interpret my request as "Auto Start Lo"! However after a couple of attempts it did recognise "After Start Procedure" correctly.

Guess I'll just have to speak clearer!

Stuart

Since the flow's name is the actual trigger sentence, you could just rename the "climb flow" to "after takeoff flow" or whatever other sentence you want.