Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nowinski

Dreaded Trees on Airport

During recent landing at Orlando Intl. (KMCO) I noticed another issue with trees scattered over taxiways and aprons...NOTE:  not on the runways.  I've enclosed a snapshot below.

I'm always acutely  aware of add-on scenery that I install and insured to the best of my ability to make sure there was nothing that would react with the airport at KMCO.  Just to make sure that nothing was interfering with the area, I went as far as to disable ALL of my addon files and folders leaving nothing but ORBX and default files active.  Unfortunately, I still have the same problem.

I have FTX Central installed and checked the libray insertion points for any discrepancies.  The Setting Tool lists my files  in the following order.

All FTX files

All OpenLC files

OZx files (2)

Default FSX Scenery Files

All xxxx Base files

ORBX Vector AEC file

Default Terrrain

Default Scenery

Any help appreciated.

http://imgur.com/vRGUMnx

Hi Mike, I have exactly the same issue at KMCO. You're not alone!.

My guess is that it happened after the install of openLC NA.

I somebody finds a workaround to this issue please chime in.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

There's a thread about this on the ORBX official forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124549-kmco-trees-all-over-runway/#comment-1113345

The suggested "fix" doesn't work for everyone apparently, as there are comments to that effect. However, the rearrangement of the scenery library cut down all the trees for me.

Sorry, missed the fact that my ORBX Vector Files are just above the FSX xxxx_Base files

Reordered the ORBX Vector files per Jabloom's suggested link with no success.

There's a thread about this on the ORBX official forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124549-kmco-trees-all-over-runway/#comment-1113345

The suggested "fix" doesn't work for everyone apparently, as there are comments to that effect. However, the rearrangement of the scenery library cut down all the trees for me.

Thanks, now that this is mentioned, I remember this modification was suggested a while ago (I've totally forgotten it), but gave no results for me here.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sorry, missed the fact that my ORBX Vector Files are just above the FSX xxxx_Base files

Reordered the ORBX Vector files per Jabloom's suggested link with no success.

Keep in mind that FTXCentral V3 has a bug which undoes your careful rearrangement: 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124950-trees-at-tsjs-san-juan-pr/?do=findComment&comment=1116191

But, like I said, the "fix" doesn't work for everyone. What's wrong is that there are excludes that are conflicting allowing the trees to show up.

A fix was released to FTX Central 3 this morning.  It has fixed the issue with the Vector files being re sequenced incorrectly.  Sadly,however, this did not fix the "trees on the taxiways and aprons issue for KMCO.  I double checked the scenery.cfg file before starting FSX and the Vector Files were correctly sequenced.

I had this issue several years ago.  I will need to go over to the ORBX forum and check, but I believe it was a corrupted scenery.cfg file.  I just installed the original scenery.cfg file, and all was well. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Doubt it is your issue but also check that the bgl files in My Traffic X Scenery folder are disabled for all installed add on airports if you run that package. It messes things up a bit at some payware airports, even default airports otherwise.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I had this issue several years ago.  I will need to go over to the ORBX forum and check, but I believe it was a corrupted scenery.cfg file.  I just installed the original scenery.cfg file, and all was well. 

blaustern

I went over to ORBX, did a search of my posts and found this solution "Wolter provided a new terrain.cfg file that I used"

Blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam