Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

X-Plane 11 System Requirements are out

Well, that's a big step up but I really think this is good and nescessary.
They were fighting way too many fronts with XP10.: 3 OS, 32/64 bit, legacy hardware. Time to focus.

Flo

That's not facebook, it's their website.

Well, good thing I'm planning/budgeting for a PC upgrade this next spring I guess. Until then, I guess it's really just my CPU that's rather below recommended. I can imagine that some of the old guard on the .org are going to be disappointed by the uptick in the specs, but really, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I think perhaps those rather high recommended specs should tell us something about the expected impact of some of the new features, especially PBR.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I think perhaps those rather high recommended specs should tell us something about the expected impact of some of the new features, especially PBR.

Ditto - I'm also "being allowed" (lol) an upgrade Q1 2017 - I think it goes to show what kind of awesome graphics XP11 will have!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think it goes to show what kind of awesome expensive graphics XP11 will have!

Fixed it for you!!! :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

No surprise there, as the minimum and recommended specs are in the same ballpark as recent AAA games for the PC. For example, here are the recommended specs for the Dishonoured 2 game that just came out:

• Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 60 GB free HDD space
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
There is no reason a new flight sim should have lower requirements than a current video game like this. I remember a time when that wasn't true, when we always needed to be a step or two ahead of "games" in hardware requirements when we flew flight sims. But the game world has been catching up. The heavy requirements for VR are also pushing the GPU side of things.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

The heavy requirements for VR are also pushing the GPU side of things.

This is very, true, as well as 4K, and the users that demand 60 / 90 / 120 fps.

To be honest, I have very little difficulty with my current setup when running any current gen games at 2560x1440. I do get a bit of slowdown with the new Forza Horizon 3, but it seems like everyone in the PC world regardless of hardware experiences the same, so I'm on par there if not better.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well I hit those exactly other than the 1070(I have a 970). Though in most cases I have seen the recommended specs to be silly as all get out nor accurate. We will see when we actually test it rather than specs posted.

Though I don't know what graphical settings the recommended refer to so those may be accurate, I mean XPX can be a beast if you set everything to full. As long as I can run high settings I will be happy.

Its interesting that they sort of take a step away from Linux saying, it should run but you are on your own. 

Its interesting that they sort of take a step away from Linux saying, it should run but you are on your own. 

This has always been the case. They continue to compile for it, because they get back much  (see Tony and Alpilots).

Also Linux users are usually self sustaining.

I guess they wrote this statement because some users made the switch to linux recently, and could not get some things working out of the box (one post I came accross had problems to get sound setup on his Linux system, this was not Laminars fault, but they got blamed).

There are also many variants, they can not dedicate support people on that.

No, there was absolutely no change in how they "support" Linux. This was the same with XP8 (the first X-Plane running on Linux), XP9, X10 ... And what they say is really only there to protect their support team (exactly as jh71 pointed it out).

And yes, I can confirm that XP11 internal beta runs on Linux nicely (but had some library dependency hick-up with my system which needed to be fixed on my side).

• Upvote 1

I has always been the case.

In fact, Laminar is able to publish for Linux because it's possible to ask the users of that OS to share the burden of mutual support.

Pascal

P.S : ok, looks 3 of us are reacting at the same time ;)

What's more interesting is andras has a beta copy running! :)

How's HD mesh running on 11 and how are the new art assets working with it?

Did you have to make many changes for hdmesh to work with 11?

I'm very excited to see how it looks with the euro autogen.

Chris

Release is getting closer,,, would be great if could be streamed like FF 757, IXEG.. in the past.. hint hint

How's HD mesh running on 11 and how are the new art assets working with it?

Did you have to make many changes for hdmesh to work with 11?

I'm very excited to see how it looks with the euro autogen.

Yes, I am - more or less - an Laminar "internal" ... thus having betas is normal.

About your question: I even have an official statement about this on my website already:

Simply: no changes needed (which for me was expected) and everything will continue to work as is. BUT, I plan (without promises!) to nevertheless create new versions of HD / UHD Mesh later (possibly next year) to further improve things ...

• Upvote 2