Sign in to follow this  
harrry

FTX Central 3 Topic

Central3 support topic in their support forum 15 pages.  Topics answered ....very few.

Edited by Jim Young
Split from the Orbx New Rules Topic

Harry Woodrow

Central3 support topic in their support forum 15 pages.  Topics answered ....very few.

Yep, somewhat ironic when their Support page states:

Welcome to World Class Support! No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king"

The least I would expect would be a pinned statement acknowledging the problems encountered by many customers, but, as you say, just a few sporadic responses. My own topic has gone unanswered for a week, despite containing all the required information such as EventViewer logs, etc. Oh well, you live and learn ...

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

In Orbx's defense, if you give a read of the forum you'll notice that many of the questions; such as issues with FSX-SE have been asked multiple times.

A search before posting will frequently yield an answer to at least one of those times, but it doesn't appear that most users are doing that.

Ernie

• Upvote 2

Ernest Pergrem

Well said Ernie. (in lieu of the post I almost made)

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Well said Ernie. (in lieu of the post I almost made)

Ron,

I've been a long time Orbx user with an average at best desktop computer.  I've had one minor issue in all these years and it was resolved quickly as posted earlier.  I've had no issues with Central 3.

Since I'm not having any problems with Orbx and I read all these problems that folks are having, my question is "What am I doing wrong?" :smile: 

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I don't understand the issues people are having either, I have every ORBX product, I also use REX,Aerosoft,Flytampa,Active Sky,Turbulent,OZX,RTMM,Carenado,Alabeo, PMDG,Lionhart,Simaddons,Milviz ect., ect., ect., and don't have any issues.

Any issues I have had were brought on myself because, you guessed it, I didn't read the manuals thoroughly!

So before you go an a mission to try and bring down a company by crying about how bad the service is for poor little you, try reading the manuals and if you don't understand what you are reading then ask on the support forums with respect and Mabey you might receive an answer in a timely fashion, if not then just be patient and wait as the world does not revolve around you and your "Simulator".

These companies are not multi million dollar corporations who have hundreds of staff.

We all get frustrated, but settle down or go ahead and make your own products.

Rant over :)

• Upvote 2

my question is "What am I doing wrong?" :smile:

You're probably over using 'common sense'. :unknw:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Ron,

I've been a long time Orbx user with an average at best desktop computer.  I've had one minor issue in all these years and it was resolved quickly as posted earlier.  I've had no issues with Central 3.

Since I'm not having any problems with Orbx and I read all these problems that folks are having, my question is "What am I doing wrong?" :smile:

blaustern

You may have nasty habits : you read manuals and how-to, you do search when you have an issue to check for solutions, you may even, Heavens forbid, go the OrbX support forum instead of ranting here..

Now, more seriously you can have issues with the OrbX sceneries like with any other software. C3 brought some which are acknowledged by John V and Ben is working on them. A patch is forthcoming. But most of the problems that folks have can find a solution. See my first paragraph.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

... A patch is forthcoming. But most of the problems that folks have can find a solution...

I think the patch is already out. My FTXC3 offered an update yesterday evening and when I accepted it upgraded itself from 3.0.0.36 to 3.0.1.1 - so far, so good.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I think the patch is already out. My FTXC3 offered an update yesterday evening and when I accepted it upgraded itself from 3.0.0.36 to 3.0.1.1 - so far, so good.

Yes I had that upgrade too  but there was no related announcement that I saw. An user says that it solved the sorting out of the library. It was not an issue for me so I don't know. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I find it hilarious watching people ask the same questions over, and over. Seems most of them can't follow simple directions, or don't bother reading them. To top it off there's a video guide for the new FTX Central 3, and Orbx Direct.

Since I am not having any problems with Orbx, and I read these problems that folks are having, my question is "What am I doing wrong."

Well, since you are so smart, tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have been trying to download the Southern Alaska scenery for about a week now.

I have been using FTX Central.  It has been downloading at a rate of about 10kb per second.  I started downloading it Saturday.  It says it has about another 18 hours to go.

So please, please, please, tell me what I am doing wrong.  You see, I am not a genius like you are...

err  try another  server  than  to download  or  change  your isp  since  there  is   some thing  wrong  at your  end , no  way it takes  over  18 hours.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You are of no help whatsoever.  Really, you are doing a disservice to other flight simmers who may be thinking about transferring their files to Orbx direct, only to find out it doesn't work.  If I followed your advice and had similar problems, I would be pretty ###### at you.

I have a choice of two ISPs:  Charter Spectrum and Centurylink.  Charter is faster than Century link, and that is what I have.  There is no option 3.  Your "advice" is totally worthless.  (Unless you are going to suggest I sell my house, quite my job and move somewhere else, just to be able to download Orbx files.)

And the problem is not at my end.  I download large files all the time, where I get download speeds of better than 1kb per second, and it does not take days to download files.  Other users are having the same problem.  Even John Venema admits the problem with slow downloads is at his end.

And yes, FTX Central finally crapped out on me about an hour ago without finishing the download.

A lot of developers think they know how to do retail.  Retail is hard.  Doing it right is even harder.  I never had problems like this with the Flightsim store.

The warning for other flight simmers is:  Do not switch to FTX Central 3 until Orbx gets their act together.

did  you post your issues  at orbx   forum at all is the best place to get support,  there  is nothing  wrong  with ftx 3  at all,  really if  it  was  at you say it is than everyone  would have  the same   issues  as  you have

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg