Sign in to follow this  
harrry

FTX Downloads Limited to One Product Per Day

Have you read the latest of limiting your downloads to one product a day.   And blaming us for what we have bought from him.  Sorry. There is much I like with Orbx but this is the second issue that is the customer's fault.  I will continue using the products but it is unlikely I will buy any more as I will be tranistioning to Xplane.

• Upvote 4

Harry Woodrow

Have you read the latest of limiting your downloads to one product a day.   And blaming us for what we have bought from him.  Sorry. There is much I like with Orbx but this is the second issue that is the customer's fault.  I will continue using the products but it is unlikely I will buy any more as I will be tranistioning to Xplane.

I do believe you took the exact words right out of my mouth.

I have tried very hard to refrain from speaking ill about ORBX's business practices of late, but come on, you cannot tell me they didn't expect this influx of downloaders.  I have to say it was very unprofessional of John to blame us for their woes.  As a business, the customer always comes first.  That email that was sent was icing on the cake for me and it shows that ORBX may have gone in over their head. Temporary restrictions or not, this issue is something that they have to fix because they set us all up for failure.

While I still have P3D installed as well as a lot of ORBX scenery (not everything and that may be a while to get it back), I've switched to X-Plane and I couldn't be happier.

• Upvote 5

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

When you read over at ORBX the heat, John has received, I think that he has admitted that it was a mistake on his side and not ours. He also admitted that he had screwed up. So give the man a chance to sort it out and let us continue enjoy the ORBX products. They deserve it, and we enjoy them

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi

I keep seeing people saying 1 download a day. This is incorrect, if you read the original statement it was 1 download a day of each download. I have been merrily downloading today and installing into a new system.

Ken Ennis

if  you had  v2  and went  to  v3  there  wasnt  any need  to download   your  sceneries  again  since  they will   still work  as per  normal,  all this  was  a  panic  by  users

While I still have P3D installed as well as a lot of ORBX scenery (not everything and that may be a while to get it back

Don't  get  what your  trying  to say here, so   your saying  all your  sceneries   have gone  from your  sim. and  what do  you need  to get  back   again,  as  previously  stated  in previous  threads  and posts,  if you went  from  v2  to v3  nothing  has  changed  except  that you  can  transferr   your licences  across,  all your sceneries  and  addons  will  be  the  same  as per  v2  state

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Orbx advertises one thing, then does another. Kind of over Orbx to be honest, especially after Vector. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Only if you did not take the time to rebuild as things were changing.  And most of us who did deleted backups as we were  told they will not work.

Hi

I keep seeing people saying 1 download a day. This is incorrect, if you read the original statement it was 1 download a day of each download. I have been merrily downloading today and installing into a new system.

Ken Ennis

False

The restriction will be set to ONE product download per customer per day, 

Harry Woodrow

The restriction will be set to ONE product download per customer per day,

Question is why  do you want  to   download again,  whats the difference  than it  was  before   this  came  out,  being  downloding  from fss  or the new  v3 not  like  you changing  pc  every  day.

users  are  making  a mole  hill over this

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

"Please stop downloading our products because it's costing us more in bandwidth than we expected."

That's a new one to me.

if  you had  v2  and went  to  v3  there  wasnt  any need  to download   your  sceneries  again  since  they will   still work  as per  normal,  all this  was  a  panic  by  users

Don't  get  what your  trying  to say here, so   your saying  all your  sceneries   have gone  from your  sim. and  what do  you need  to get  back   again,  as  previously  stated  in previous  threads  and posts,  if you went  from  v2  to v3  nothing  has  changed  except  that you  can  transferr   your licences  across,  all your sceneries  and  addons  will  be  the  same  as per  v2  state

I had done a reinstall a while back (before the transition), but didn't rush to reinstall everything at the time.  With what just occurred at ORBX, there's no chance of getting all of my content reinstalled in short order...make sense now?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The big deal for some folks is that for whatever reason they had to start from scratch, and have many, some over 100 products that they can now only download at one product per day.

Global Base today, , Vector tomorrow, Open LC the next, oops, it failed, but now you have to wait another day to download it, then an airport the next day, so on and so on for over 100 days.

All because their PC crashed they had to start fresh and with a new registry their old and not so old back ups are no good because they transferred everything to FTX 3, and now cannot use their FSS serial/activation codes.

So what used to take days, will now take months.

That is not correct and false information.

Go to : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124986-how-to-re-install-ftx-products-with-least-downloading/

If you need to re-install all your products because you are making a clean re-install of your flight simulator and/or Operating System

or you have bought a new PC, this can be done without the need to download your products again, except FTX Global.

You will need to have transferred your licences to Orbx Direct. 

1. Make a back up of your ORBX folder and your scenery\World\scenery folder, either on an external drive

or on an internal drive that will remain in  your existing PC or you intend to include in your new PC.

If you are re-installing your operating system, this must not be your current or intended System (C:) drive

2. Install your flight simulator into your new Windows installation, you can use the C drive now, if you wish.

3. Copy your back up of the Orbx folder and your scenery\World\scenery folder into your simulator's root folder.

In the case of your scenery\World\scenery folder, skip the overwrite, you will only be replacing the existing default files.

4. Install FTX Central v3 from the link on the Orbx Direct home page.

If you don't have FTX Global you have finished. If you do, go to step 5.

5. Re-install FTX Global.

Notes.

This will not work if you intend to back up from FSX and re-install into P3D or back up from

P3D and re-install to FSX.

In either of these cases, you will need to re-install using FTX Central v3.

It will work if you intend to back up from FSX disk edition and re-install to FSX Steam Edition

or from FSX Steam Edition to FSX disk edition and of course a back up from any simulator version to

re-install into the same simulator version.

and will find the procedure how to handle in case of a fresh start without redownloading everything.

b rdgs / Dick

=

JV has just stated:

"So let me clarify and perhaps summarise this topic and we can move on.

1. The only thing that has been limited to one (1) download per day is the manual download function:
2. You can still install as much products as you like through FTX Central 3 - no limits, no caps - that has not changed
(...)"

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124974-effective-immediately-restrictions-on-downloads-of-fss-transferred-licenses/?do=findComment&comment=1116942