Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

shrunk sub menus with reboot

Ever since ive installed FS2Crew 737 reboot, my sub menus (i mean my GSX and ASN menus in the sim) appear shrunk, and i have to expand them with the mouse cursor before i can use them properly.  It only happens when i use the 737 and reboot, not in any other 3rd party aircraft.  Any one know why please?

Jason Dilley

Appears shrunk?

[media]

[media]

Seriously, I've never heard of that one before.

We don't touch any internals inside FSX that would affect GSX or ASN.

Can you send me a screen shot... one with FS2Crew enabled and one without.

Cheers,

you havnt  changed  your  screen resolution in windows  at all  or changed within  th  flight  sim?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Can you send me a screen shot... one with FS2Crew enabled and one without.

Cheers,

Bryan, that video made my day, so so funny, well worth putting in your reply lol.

Ok, so ive done a couple of screen shots.  Ive added one sitting in the 737 with FS2Crew enabled, which shows the size of the sub menu, and the anouther capture sitting in another aircraft, which shows normal size sub menu.  Enabling and disabling F2Crew completly makes no difference so i havent posted a shot for that.  Like ive said before its only happened since installing and using reboot, and it happens across the whole range of PMDG 737, from 600 up to 900, even the ones ive never used.

sxKwKkw.jpg

FS2Crew enabled in 737

BZsCJjK.jpg

FS2Crew enabled different aircraft.

Jason Dilley

Please do another before and after.

Do it in the NGX, but first one should be FS2Crew enabled.

Then go into the FS2Crew NGX Config Manager, and disable FS2Crew, and send another screen shot with FS2Crew not even on the panel.cfg file.

FS2Crew doesn't touch anything internally in P3D, so it's very hard to guess.

Cheers,

Please do another before and after.

Do it in the NGX, but first one should be FS2Crew enabled.

Then go into the FS2Crew NGX Config Manager, and disable FS2Crew, and send another screen shot with FS2Crew not even on the panel.cfg file.

FS2Crew doesn't touch anything internally in P3D, so it's very hard to guess.

Cheers,

Bryan, 

As i said in my previous reply, I did that test but the sub menus appeared the same so i didn't post the screen shot but the 2 i showed to show its not simulator wide..  Im still more than happy to do them for you to assist, would you like anything else showing in the screen shots, like the panel.cfg with it off, or any other files attached?  If you really feel that something else has gone amiss and it was a coincidence its happened at the same time, please let me know and ill go badger kyle or someone on the PMDG forum.  Just for your info, this was originally a clean reinstall of the 737 and Reboot.

Jason Dilley

Hi Jason,

Please send anyway.

Just two versions:

FS2Crew on panel.cfg and FS2Crew off Panel.cfg.

Cheers,

as requested.

eLSTqD3.jpg

enabled

MecDyGd.jpg

disabled

Jason Dilley

Thanks, but I don't see any difference in the GSX.  They appear to be the same size.

Cheers,

Precisely Bryan, that was my initial point, it doesnt matter if FS2crew is enabled or disabled, ever since installing Reboot i have had shrunk sub menus in the 737, however if i switch immediately to another aircraft (see the second image in post number 4) the sub menus appear at normal size. This showing that it has only effected the 737 which Reboot is designed for.  Also as ive said if you think its pure coincidence that something has happened at the same time as installing Reboot, please tell me and ill go seek an answer else where.

Jason Dilley

I think it was a coincidence.

FS2Crew uses gauges files; we don't change anything internally in P3D or FSX.  

I'd ask the GSX developers as well.

Maybe it was a video card update that happened around the same time.  Maybe some setting got changed somewhere.  Who knows.

Hi,

It's nothing about GSX or FS2crew. It depends on the aircraft. As far as I can tell: Small ac -> big menu, large ac -> small menu.

No idea why it is like this, but using something like the Beech Baron will always produce a large menu, the B738... well, what you see. There's even aircraft with a medium size menu.

Oliver.

Oliver Grützmann

It depends on the aircraft. As far as I can tell: Small ac -> big menu, large ac -> small menu.

Got  nothing  to do with the   size of the aircraft   either,  since  no  one  else has reported  this  issue   so must be  specific  to your  pc 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got  nothing  to do with the   size of the aircraft   either,  since  no  one  else has reported  this  issue   so must be  specific  to your  pc 

Possibly. But I can reproduce it, even after upgrades and even after a fresh install of Prepar3D. And the size is always the same for each aircraft type.

Doesn't matter if FS2Crew is installed or not.

It has been reported in P3D forums and GSX forums.

Oliver Grützmann

GSX forums

And  what  did  the  Dev  say the  solution  was to this  issue,  sure he  would  have  given  one  by now

Peter kelberg