Sign in to follow this  
davecessna

[Bug/Suggestion] Cannot bind POV hat to view presets

The individual directions are recognized as buttons for the purposes of acting like a HAT switch for view Pan/Tilt, but not for presets. Also, if I might make a suggestion, could we have the EZDOK function of toggling the HAT from view preset switching (buttons) to acting like a pan/tilt as mentioned?

Thanks in advance, and great job by the way!

Thought exactly the same, thanks to bring it up.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Also, if I might make a suggestion, could we have the EZDOK function of toggling the HAT from view preset switching (buttons) to acting like a pan/tilt as mentioned?

Thanks in advance, and great job by the way!

+1

Did this ever get added? When I used Ezdok I like the fact that I could toggle a button to engage hat view or button input with my hatswitch. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Not ideal, but I use FSUIPC to map the hat switch to keyboard combinations and then map those key combos in chaseplane. I also discovered the ability to map multiple views to a single button, allowing you to cycle through. E.g. I map the overhead lower and overhead upper both to the up direction on the hat switch and can now cycle through them.

Apologies if you all knew that, I just thought it was really cool! :)

On 14/11/2016 at 11:21 PM, nawarren said:

Yes I am unable to assign my hat on TM warthog to different views. Very annoying. Please fix this.

I'll go one better and take this nuisance of a Flight Stick off your hands. Warthog indeed, who needs to be looking at one of those everyday. You can PM and I'll let you know how much a courier delivery to the west of Ireland will cost.

Not a word of thanks is necessary, helping others brings me great joy!

It's in it's original box right?

Ok, I maybe slightly jealous. I'm glad the hat switch is banjaxed! No, that's a lie, cause I will own one, mark my words.

52 minutes ago, thissmallfish said:

Not ideal, but I use FSUIPC to map the hat switch to keyboard combinations and then map those key combos in chaseplane. I also discovered the ability to map multiple views to a single button, allowing you to cycle through. E.g. I map the overhead lower and overhead upper both to the up direction on the hat switch and can now cycle through them.

Apologies if you all knew that, I just thought it was really cool! :)

Exactly what I would have done thissmallfishwell that is of course if I had looked at the FSUPIC manual(s) in the past one, maybe two years. Some of it I love, some of it I ask Pete about and he he so dumbfounded by my failure to grasp what to many is an elementary mathematical or programming conundrum that I think he just leaves his computer and home and stares into the night sky. Bless him though, I have nothing but admiration for the guy. Just pretending to understand him or half-getting a principle makes me feel unbearably clever! In fairness, with Pete's assistance I have written a LUA script or two that I am happy to be proud of in private about. Baby steps.

I had no real point I guess to this rodomontade (actually a real word, no idea why I know it), I'm just full of caffeine and quite bored cause I can't leave my house until my mother dearest summons me to the train station.... ....It won't happen again.

Peace.