Sign in to follow this  
Flightplayer

How to use standard Locked Spot view with ChasePlane?

Hello!

I'm loving ChasePlane since I was sick and tired of ezdok.

I sometimes like to use the standard Locked Spot view of the sim. In ezdok there was an option for the Default camera system so that when I changed to the outside view I could rotate the camera horizontally and vertically with the hat switch.

However, I'm not able to do this with ChasePlane. If I change to the outside view I can only rotate the camera horizontally and not vertically.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thank you!

+1

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I'm loving ChasePlane since I was sick and tired of ezdok.

I sometimes like to use the standard Locked Spot view of the sim. In ezdok there was an option for the Default camera system so that when I changed to the outside view I could rotate the camera horizontally and vertically with the hat switch.

However, I'm not able to do this with ChasePlane. If I change to the outside view I can only rotate the camera horizontally and not vertically.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thank you!

I'm also noticing this and would be interested in a solution to still use the default spot view. The problem apparently is that we have to disable the hat switch in the P3D options and in FSUIPC to make it work smoothly in Chaseplane. So I expected the hat switch not to be available outside a chaseplane view.

Strange though that the horizontal movement does actually work in spot view. But why only horizontal and not vertical?

Another thing I noticed is that I can't go back from the default spot view to the chaseplane onboard view by just pressing the assigned button for the chaseplane view. The camera remains in the spot view and just changes the angle. I have to return to the cockpit view first by pressing the "previous view" key of P3D. It would be nice if pressing the assigned button of chaseplane alone would get me back to the onboard view.

Another thing I noticed is that I can't go back from the default spot view to the chaseplane onboard view by just pressing the assigned button for the chaseplane view. The camera remains in the spot view and just changes the angle. I have to return to the cockpit view first by pressing the "previous view" key of P3D. It would be nice if pressing the assigned button of chaseplane alone would get me back to the onboard view.

What I do in this case is I first chose an outside view and only then cockpit view and it works. It's a bit annoying though let's hope it gets fixed/changed.

It seems to me that Chaseplane- like Ezdok - is an all-or-nothing view solution. By this, I mean that if you start up with Chaseplane but then use a default system view (esp Spot or Locked Spot, which there is no equivalent of in Chaseplane), your Chaseplane views get screwed up, and the only thing you can do is exit Chaseplane and start it up again. I tend to use Locked Spot on the ground to get external views until it's time to taxi. This gives an AIRCRAFT - centred view, unlike Chaseplane (and Ezdok) which are always CAMERA - centred views.

It seems to me that Chaseplane- like Ezdok - is an all-or-nothing view solution. By this, I mean that if you start up with Chaseplane but then use a default system view (esp Spot or Locked Spot, which there is no equivalent of in Chaseplane), your Chaseplane views get screwed up, and the only thing you can do is exit Chaseplane and start it up again. I tend to use Locked Spot on the ground to get external views until it's time to taxi. This gives an AIRCRAFT - centred view, unlike Chaseplane (and Ezdok) which are always CAMERA - centred views.

We will add many more camera modes in the future. You don't need to restart CP after changing the view manualy. Simply toggle from On-Board to Outside or vice-versa in ChasePlane to restore the correct position.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 12/11/2016 at 9:33 PM, Keven Menard said:

We will add many more camera modes in the future. You don't need to restart CP after changing the view manualy. Simply toggle from On-Board to Outside or vice-versa in ChasePlane to restore the correct position.

Hi Keven, loving Chaseplane, but I am getting rather frustrated at not being able to use the hatswitch for the 'fly round' spot view. I've looked everywhere online but cannot find an answer. Could you please explain to me how this is achieved as this is an important view for me that I have used for many years across the different variants of FSX. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Currently, you can create a spot view using ChasePlane in P3D only by doing the following:

1. Outside Mode
  2. Enable Gimbal (Camera > Advanced)
  3. Track Aircraft (Camera > Advanced)

There you go, a perfect Spot View replacement!

Sadly, because of various limitations, we cannot support the Spot View camera provided with the simulator. The tech we use to reproduce it in CP is only available on P3D.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Currently, you can create a spot view using ChasePlane in P3D only by doing the following:

1. Outside Mode

Sadly, because of various limitations, we cannot support the Spot View camera provided with the simulator. The tech we use to reproduce it in CP is only available on P3D.

Does the CP Spot View replacement has the smooth moving effect like in P3D Spot View (because I don't like the locked spot view) ?

Mike

9 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

1. Outside Mode

Perfect! Thanks Keven. This knocks spots of Ezdok! Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The future of Gimbal in FSX is unsure at this time. We want to deliver a great experience when using the gimbal and currently, we have not found a way to make it great enough in FSX due to its limitations.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42