Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Augh..FS Planet...

"But if that's too expensive, you can just make a version of your addon with extra bugs or spyware/other crap included... "Exceedingly bad idea for all the obvious reasons. A better thing to do would be to write those folks advertising on his site.

Guest davidvoogd

Great it looks like my mesh file is up there. Funny thing is this is a direct quote from my readme"COPYRIGHT=========These files are for free distribution only. No contents of this package may be used in any other package, commercial or freeware. This package must be distributed as is. It may not be posted to fsplanet.com."I certainly didn't upload it there, and I don't think it could be any more clear than that. It looks like someone took my files from Flightsim.com and put them here (the mesh is in 3 parts at flightsim.com and 1 part here at Avsim, those are the only sites I recall uploading them to). I sent an email to the staff requesting it's removal, wonder how this will go...I already received an email from some jackass calling me various offensive names for the FSPlanet thing in the readme and claiming I had no right to decide where my work went :S, sort of turns you off of doing stuff for free eh. I can only imagine people who put several hundred hours of work into projects and receive that crap. So after that I just changed the wording to something about no one but myself can upload these files or something.Perhaps we authors and avsim could work together to make a generic, universal, well worded legally binding copyright that all authors could use, just copy and paste type of idea. That way new authors like myself could use it knowing that our work is well protected. This would be a great idea and could be used for all flightsim freeware authors to protect our work. Perhaps we could even form some sort of panel or association to monitor this and update it as required, as well as enforcement.

Guest Matt Johnson

The problem is that the people running fsplanet.com don't believe that the laws of Copyright and restricted distribution affect them.http://www.fsplanet.com/privacy.htmYou have every right to decide where your work goes. And, as far as the jackasses are concerned, from my point of view, if you place in your README:"Correspondence received by e-mail regarding the distribution of this package may be posted publicly."...well, I think that would be fair game.--Matt

David, I will give writing a EULA a shot over the next couple of days and I will post it in this forum when done.

Tom,I checked the site but strangely it appears that only one advertiser is displaying a banner there (igfly). The rest appear to be FSPlanet's own banners or ads for the store. Could it be advertisers are shunning the site?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"