Sign in to follow this  
Freo

Go-Flight MCP Interface tool

Has PMDG ever thought of producing an MCP Interface tool for FSX. I know that there is one out made by Polly-pot, but to me it seems vastly over complicated, for an ordinary, not very tech savvy user such as myself.

I still have the PMDG FS9 version, which has never let me down, it was just click the exe file, it installed with no problems, and usable straight away. I don't suppose the FS9 version would be transferable to FSX, by any chance, would it ?.

Cheers.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Has PMDG ever thought of producing an MCP Interface tool for FSX. I know that there is one out made by Polly-pot, but to me it seems vastly over complicated, for an ordinary, not very tech savvy user such as myself.

We're moving in that direction. As part of setting up a PMDG Sim Center, we're adding in some functionality that allows our software to "play nicely" with hardware, and what works for one vendor has worked pretty well with others as we've come to find out. No timeline on this, but it's in the queue of things.

I still have the PMDG FS9 version, which has never let me down, it was just click the exe file, it installed with no problems, and usable straight away. I don't suppose the FS9 version would be transferable to FSX, by any chance, would it ?.

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the answer, good to know with regard to the PMDG Sim Center.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Hello Neil,

Just an FYI,

I am actually using the GoFlight MCP with the PMDG 737NGX with no problems, using just the GoFlight software.

Even the EFIS and 3 radio panels are working just fine.

========================
Kyle,

I am glad to hear about the PMDG Sim Center

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

You know what I would love... An addon from PMDG... The PFD/ND/EICAS  gauges to be run on a second PC. so I can add a monitor to my home cockpit with these gauges.

I do not want  a third party software.. I want the same messages that you are seeing on the PMDG 777 on the main PC on the remote PC as well.. A Project Magenta type but from PMDG.

Two PCs sharing all the data of the PMDG aircrafts and then on the second PC, I can  decide what gauges to display with these information from the second PC..

A mini cockpit version of the PMDG aircrafts... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I know that there is one out made by Polly-pot, but to me it seems vastly over complicated

Hi Neil,

There is nothing complicated about the GoFlight Interface Tool for the PMDG NGX as support is built in and the most popular devices are pre-configured (MCP PRO, EFIS, LGT, GF46, and the MESM). All you need to do is install the software, fire up FSX and the NGX, enable the devices you wish to use in GIT and everything will just work. Nothing complicated about that!

The software offers alot more than simply NGX support which is why it appears complicated.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

A mini cockpit version of the PMDG aircrafts... 

See here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497800-go-flight-mcp-interface-tool/#entry3508800

(Though in fairness, I didn't call that out specifically. The 744 will be able to process across multiple computers and we expect to roll that functionality back into our other offerings in some way to facilitate Sim Center functionality.)

Kyle Rodgers

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”