Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Does copilot indipendently interact with ATC?

Hi, I see that in v2 there is a copilot who can reply to ATC instructions and tune frequencies. Will he also, after changing the frequency, contact the ATC center, or will this have to be done by me? I would like to completely separate the pilot flying (me) from the pilot interacting with ATC (copilot). Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

That's not a bad idea. If possible I would also like to see this implemented.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Sorry if I talk about a competing product, but I love RC4 for the fact that the copilot does all. You only have to press a keyboard number for particular requests (request higher level, deviate due to weather, divert, etc.). That's what happens in real life, the pilot flying is not bothered with ATC communications...

James Goggi

The Virtual FO changes frequencies but you have to contact the controller at each change. 

NAX669.png

Actually, the virtual FO makes the first call to Departure control, center and approach where a pilot decision is not required. 

When ready for departure or clear of the active or requesting taxi, the pilot makes the call since only the pilot knows if he/she is ready.  Of course, you can use the SayIt feature so you don't have to actually make the call, just decide it's time to make the call and click a couple of places.

Dave

Ah, ok, that's great. The Say It feature is equivalent to pressing a key for particular requests.

James Goggi

Actually, the virtual FO makes the first call to Departure control, center and approach where a pilot decision is not required. 

Dave

I'm using FO mode constantly because it offloads some work from my back and it hasn't contacted Center once after changing the channel. 

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Oops.  Maybe that will be new in the next update.  It definitely works in the version I've been working on.

Sorry for getting ahead of myself.

Dave

Oops.  Maybe that will be new in the next update.  It definitely works in the version I've been working on.

Dave

That's so cool. Can't wait :)

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Oops.  Maybe that will be new in the next update

And I thought I was missing something. Thanks Dave.

NAX669.png