Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Lear 35A Autopilot

Thanks Scott, wise words indeed.

I may just see about getting the Lear after I've paid my rent. Then see how many switches MCE can support. It may already do a surprising number, with native support. If they do a package for it it will be a free upgrade.....here's hoping:-)

The FSUIPC is about the same price as the Learjet, so the two push the price to £50+.

The new P3dv3.4 has some extra functionality for assigning keys and works well with my Saitek X55 HOTAS. So its trial and error.

The Flysimware Learjet has support from OldProp Solutions for the special effects (as on the Aerosoft Bus, NGX, etc.) also Flight 1 GTN 750 and the new REX WX Advantage weather radar as a 3d panel gauge, so its right up there with the best Sims in my book! Very nice!

Cheers,

David

Hi Al,

Yeah - I wish I could find a real POH for this bird - I saw a Russian guy do a video of this plane and he had an electronic copy of the POH on his PC - problem was his video was in Russian...

I've been experimenting - and - even have Voice Attack reading me simplified checklists for phase of flight - just reminders of the things that will kill you... Obviously Voice Attack doesn't know the state of anything in the cockpit and can just send keystrokes - but - I am thoroughly enjoying the help...

Also trying to get it to work for VFR flight but the ATC menus are pretty complex and change respective to what you're doing...

It does include a PTT feature - haven't tried it yet myself...

Oh - loaded your windscreen heater indication fix - all good there as well... Thanks again...

:wink:

Oh again - any shot you could do a LUA on the Radio Altimeter (or just explain how I identify the switch to use in the LUA script) ??? It's one of the items that should be turned on as you're intercepting the glide slope - - - not a good time to be looking at the bottom of the panel - - - it has no control in P3D or FSUIPC - to the best of my knowledge...

Regards,

Scott

Check EBAY for manuals. You can find most real world manuals there. May not always be cheap but they are there.

Check EBAY for manuals. You can find most real world manuals there. May not always be cheap but they are there.

Hi...

I did - fortunately someone over on AOPA shared a copy with me... Someone posted it here in the forum I believe as well..

Thanks for the comment...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Never heard of VA until this thread, just bought it, have ALs scripts too, WOW so easy to set up too. Had my first flight, so much easier 

Hi Folks,

Just my Voice Attack profile - for anyone curious... Still very much a work in progress...

You need Voice Attack to be able to use it...

Also - in order to work - key mappings need to be setup the same or modified in the profile...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/495bz5yrasv6htk/SCO%20P3D-Profile.zip?dl=0

Regards,

Scott

Hi Al,

Yeah - I wish I could find a real POH for this bird - I saw a Russian guy do a video of this plane and he had an electronic copy of the POH on his PC - problem was his video was in Russian...

Regards,

Scott

Hello Scott, where did you see it? I can't find it on youtube.

Thanks,

Dirk.

PS: and please update here your VA profile link with the new assignments. How do you manage RC4? Say you'd like to fly a published approach instead of vectors. There are quite a few buttons to push, I'm not sure if MCE can handle it in a decent phraseology, not just "Push Eight- Push Two etc..." )) 

Hi Dirk,

Vaughan provided the link in another thread...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481711-lear-35-flight-manual/

I haven't mapped all the functions - just many of the basics - it covers most of my interactions... My profile posted above in the Dropbox link is my current profile - still a WIP...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Dirk,

Vaughan provided the link in another thread...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481711-lear-35-flight-manual/

I haven't mapped all the functions - just many of the basics - it covers most of my interactions... My profile posted above in the Dropbox link is my current profile - still a WIP...

Regards,

Scott

Scott, I was asking about the video you mentioned, not the flight manual. Was it on youtube?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi Dirk,

Oh sorry - yeah - watched it a while ago - I'd have to search...

Yes - YouTube

Regards,

Scott

Hi Dirk,Oh sorry - yeah - watched it a while ago - I'd have to search...Yes - YouTubeRegards,Scott

Couldn't find it, Scott. Still curious, when you have a moment pls post the link if you find it. We may extract something useful.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi David,

Just read another post on Voice Attack and it appears there is another piece of software that actually facilitates the passing of information between VA and FSX/P3D via FSUIPC... It's called SPAD - I'll have to look into it but it sounds promising...

Regards,

Scott

I am writing an Avsim review of SPAD.neXt as we speak. I am using it to setup, modify and tweak my Saitek hardware. It seems those handful of folks that like to build instruments have a new package that takes the Saitek hardware up two or three rungs on the tech ladder. Watch a couple of youtube videos by Vandermike777 on how he modified the buttons and parameters on the Saitek Radio and Multi panels. I have some new Flight Instrument Panels, FIPs gauges for flight and engine instruments that could only be built using the new SPAD.neXt. Easy Peasy.

Vander is a rw ultralight pilot working on the PPL but has been a flight simmer since day one.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .