Sign in to follow this  
LevelMind

Setting the parking brake in a B737

Hi,

When setting the parking brake in a real 737 I've learnt that you need to press the brake pedals FULLY down and then set the parking brake, and that will lock the brake pedals so that they stay all the way down. Now, if that's the case, how are you then able to release the parking brake by pressing the brake pedals if they're already all the way down? (I know that you can release the parking brake by just pulling the parking brake lever, but it should also be possible by using the pedals)

Thanks in advance

After setting the parking brake and releasing the pedals, they return about an inch back, That inch is what you need to press to release the parking brake.

Ok thank you.

And while we're on the topic of brakes, I thought I'd might as well ask if there is such thing as a brake check/brake test performed on the 737 while taxing out for departure or if that's only done on the airbus?