Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Small business jet for P3D v3?

I am looking at the Carenado Phenom.  Can anyone recommend this or another business jet?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

The much older Flight1 Mustang is probably much better in lots of ways.  It needs a makeover but its avionics are less limited.  It also has a 30 day return policy from Flight1.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Carenado Phenom eats up a lot of my performance with the 3 big displays, and I have a very strong computer. I really enjoy the Carenado CJ2.

Thanks a lot guys.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

The Carenado Phenom eats up a lot of my performance with the 3 big displays, and I have a very strong computer. I really enjoy the Carenado CJ2.

How's the cj2? Do you use its avionics? I love the Mustang but it hates my computer...hangs

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Hi Folks,

I recently started using the Flysimware Lear 35A and it is rapidly becoming my favorite plane - while the model and texture might be a tad below Carenado - the systems and functionality are far above it... A seriously underrated product in my book... She's a total hoot to fly... I did spend a bunch of time with the Carenado 525A for comparison - out of the box it's pretty poor (systems not the model) - the team on the forum offer a comprehensive package to make it better... I prefer the more realistic performance of the Flysimware package - and it's good on frames as well... I also prefer the standard six pack with a Garmin opposed to BIG glass... I caught a good sale and it was a steal...

Prepar3D-2015-11-10-20-19-40-13_zps9spjb

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

How's the cj2? Do you use its avionics?

I like it, it's certainly my favorite (from a limited market), but of course it's proline21 systems are not study level. Nonetheless, it's a fun plane to fly into ORBX sceneries etc.

The Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 v2 is another decent choice.  I did a "screenshot" review here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493648-xtremeprototypes-classic-glj-25-se-review/page-1

Otherwise yes I'd recommend the Mustang for a small bizjet.  It's not the fastest thing out there but if you like glass it's nice - updatable navdata too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I haven't found one yet..., I heard the best out there was the Eaglesoft Citation X but the model was only on par with default aircraft.  Still looking and will continue to fly the PMDG B736 in BBJ livery.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just bought the new Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25D. The GTN 750 can be used to drive the autopilot. The 160 page manual is well written. The aircraft is very well done. The aircraft performance is typical Lear 20 series....excellent. I searched out a few pilot reports on it. I'm pleased with my purchase.

Dave

I've also seen this news of a new Lear 60R which is supposed to be out Q1 2017.  Still no news of who the developer is.  Very secretive...I just hope, whoever it is, they get the systems right.

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/7/30/prepare-to-be-blown-away

Gregg Seipp

Yep it's a really nice jet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Folks,

MilViz had announced a Lear 60... Maybe once they finish the PL21 for the King Air - the Lear will be along right smartly ??? Pix look GREAT...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

For systems fidelity and excellent FMS, the Eaglesoft CitationX 2.0 is still in a class by itself. Model and textures are dated but it's such an awesome plane to fly and navigate. Also a big +1 for the Flysimware Lear 35a. Again, textures arent the best out there but the 6-pack, systems modelling and the flight dynamics are really good. Very fun vintage machine that is brought into modern airspace with GTN750 integration.

• Upvote 1