Sign in to follow this  
Kareem Amr

Need Some advice in buying a Case and Motherboard "From Scratch"

Hello everyone ! , 

So recently I've decided to start building my "First" ever PC Build , after struggling with my laptop for more than 3 YEARS !

anyway , I got a deal from someone to buy NZXT S340 case and Asus Z170-A ATX 1151 both for $215 , and yeah , they are almost new "used for less than 2 weak " , and the issue is that I will be finishing my build by June or July 2017 [ due to my financial position you can say :sad: ] ! so it means they are going to be settled-down for a long time , 

So is it a right decision to buy it now "as in a way of saving money" or just wait until I have the whole budget is in my hands and buy it all at once ?

BTW , I will be purchasing it from Kuwait , is I'am not will sure that buying those stuff from the internet will be safe or not [ as i haven't purchased any hardware from the internet so far ] , so you have to keep in mind that the prices of those new products is increased by the shipping and Customs . [ the price of the case here is 85$ for the case and almost 215 for the motherboard NEW !! ]

I know it might be complicated some how , but I really need to get convinced answer from you guys as most of you has some experiences with those stuff  :smile:

Thanks in Advanced 

Although , here is my targeted specs till June 2017 ,

CPU : i5 6600K/i7 6700K ( depending on the prices , so if 6700K price is decreased  after Intel 7th generation release , probably getting it  ,

Graphics Card : GTX 1060 6G (MSI Gaming / MSI Strix)

SSD : Samsung 850 Evo 250 B

HDD : Western digital Blue 1 TB

Power Supply : Corsair CX450M (450 Watts )

Rams ; G.Skill 16 GB rip-jaws 4th series

Cpu cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  

I hope these rig would help ruining P3D and FSX ""Some-How Smoothly""  

Although , here is my targeted specs till June 2017 ,

CPU : i5 6600K/i7 6700K ( depending on the prices , so if 6700K price is decreased  after Intel 7th generation release , probably getting it  ,

Graphics Card : GTX 1060 6G (MSI Gaming / MSI Strix)

SSD : Samsung 850 Evo 250 B

HDD : Western digital Blue 1 TB

Power Supply : Corsair CX450M (450 Watts )

Rams ; G.Skill 16 GB rip-jaws 4th series

Cpu cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  

I hope these rig would help ruining P3D and FSX ""Some-How Smoothly""  

I would definitely go for a larger PSU - 450W is just too small particularly if you decide to overclock. If you really don't expect to complete the build until next June, I would wait before buying the MB and case. A lot could change between now and then and you may find that you can get more for your money by buying new next year. If you do opt for the deal now, I would try to test the MB if it's not new. It would be a shame to find that it didn't work next year when you need it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I think the system is fine except I agree about the PSU comment - 450w is probably enough, but it's a tad on the low side.  550-650W would be better.  Overclock it as much as possible (4.5+ GHz) and it will help with the smoothness.  I assume you'll be running a 1080P monitor?  That card isn't strong enough for 4k.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |