Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flight1 / Foreflight Plug in

Surprised no one mentioned this yet.

I don't use FF , nor am I actively flying at the moment.  But it's sweet they brought this to P3D/FSX.  XP10 already has something for FF

It's free.

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/SimulationUtilities/ForeFlightPlug-in.aspx

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes you would need all that.  This is probably more pertinent to real world flyers because I can't really see a lot of simmers have a full sub to FF.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good find Ryan, thanks for posting!  I currently use the free FlightSimGPS utility but I'm going to give this a try since it looks like it may give the traffic and attitude info too.

Brian W

KPAE

No Android :(

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Currently using FSX Flight for this.   Works nicely.  Requires FSUIPC, which I gather the Flight1 product doesn't.  Apart from that, I'd be interested to hear what the differences are and what the Flight1 product offers.

• Upvote 1

Yes you would need all that.  This is probably more pertinent to real world flyers because I can't really see a lot of simmers have a full sub to FF.

Ok thanks.

Dave.

Also using FSX flight, and I am one of the few people (really?) using a full subscription of Foreflight in P3D. It just simply the best flight planning tool, moving map, weather forecast, terrain advisor, synthetic vision, traffic alerter program you can find for P3D. And you do not have to install anything into P3D - so no framerate impact at all...AND: always up to date AIRAC cycle!

• Upvote 1

I use FSX flight but never checked if it send AHRS data for the backup attitude screen on foreflight. This could be an interesting addition...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

and I am one of the few people (really?)

No, I'm the other one  :smile:

This is an underrated piece of software. Once you go ForeFlight, you ain't goin' back!

Mark

I tested the Flight 1 - Foreflight Plug-in today. I was using FSX flight before but with the Flight 1 Foreflight plug-in you get also attitude information on the ipad. this is similar to using Foreflight with a Stratus receiver that provides attitude backup in case the steam gauge quit in flight. The Foreflight can even provide a synthetic vision (additional subscription that I dont have yet). 

First picture with FSX Flight, so no attitude information available in Foreflight. The PFD just show altitude, speed and heading. 

FSXFlight_zpsg1xwhpby.pngng[/img][/url]

Second one with Foreflight Plug-In, The primary flight display provides now the Attitude and even some ground elements (I didn't noticed that in Foreflight before).

Foreflight%20plug%20in_zpsszwcope8.png

So the Foreflight Plug in is a keeper.

Pierre

Woah it does synthetic vision?  I missed that... oh I see I need a sub with FF... nevermind!

But still cool if you had the SV sub!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes, it requires both an upgraded suscription and a stratus receiver that provides the independent attitude information (and ads-b information including weather in usa).

my picture above is without synthetic vision. But still it shows a flat representation of the ground including rivers and runways. Quite precise also, I shot a quick video at Trois Riviere airport yesterday that showed that Foreflight with an external cheap GPS was showing me exactly at the good place on the runway on the ipad. Could be useful in marginal VFR just to confirm what you perceive from the front window is correct.

Pierre

deleted...

Pierre