Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flight1 / Foreflight Plug in

Tried the Foreflight plugin from Flight1tech...works great, however I noticed that the heading shown on the Foreflight map is is off about 20°....

For example when my compass heading in the plane shows 0°, my indicated heading in Foreflight (on the map and on the HSI) is 20° (roughly). Maybe the plugin does not compensate for the magnetic variation?

With FXFlight, I do not see this error, so I will stick to this program.

Thomas

I received answer from Flight1 support on the ticket I opened for the heading bug.

The heading bug is resolved we just need to redownload and reinstall.

The new version install in a different directory and it is a .dll application (3 versions depending on your sim). The previous one was an .exe. A module modify the dll.xml automatically.

I tried it without wind so the heading should be the same as the track and it indeed work

161225%20repaired_zpsx1tmwbrd.png

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Thank for the info...

I received answer from Flight1 support on the ticket I opened for the heading bug.

The heading bug is resolved we just need to redownload and reinstall.

The new version install in a different directory and it is a .dll application (3 versions depending on your sim). The previous one was an .exe. A module modify the dll.xml automatically.

I have only direct link to 1.1 and 1.2 installer released the 9th of December. I received a mail from Flight1.

The 1.2 installer installs a .DLL named "F1TForeFlightP3DV3.dll" and launched via DLL.XML (AppData). Are you talking of this 1.2 version which already stated :

It fixes an issue with the magnetic variation calculation (that affects the heading displayed in ForeFlight in some instances). It also adds support for the Steam Edition of Flight Simulator X.

By the way (#1), mostly for european users, please note that the plug-in works perfectly with Skydemon mobile app (Go Flying -> Use X-Plane) :

31866915165_e36460f2d5_b_d.jpg

No Android  :sad:

... works great with Skydemon on iOS and on Android as well :

31026421394_2640ae1b49_b_d.jpg

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Long time ago now.

I can't find the link to the Flight1 Foreflight plugin on their site - have they discontinued it? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up an archived copy?

Thanks,

Roger.