Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Flight1 MD80 IS OUT!

Guest aarskringspier

>Dillon, how smooth are the gauges from the VC? Thanks in>advance>JohnThe refresh rate of the VC isnt silky smooth like say a Dream Fleet AC but its not terrible. I fly only from the VC and it hasnt diminished the joy Ive gotten from it in any way. No its not perfectly smooth.

Zane with all due respect (since we inadvertently work together) what other add-ons do you know of (with this level of quality) that have the cockpit lighting tied to the landing lights. That

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Jeff the sounds are great... :-)Very much what they should be...

FS2020 

The gauges in the VC are easy to read (at least for me) and the refresh rate is pretty good. You do get pop-up gauges as an option if you click on them in the VC I believe but this whole issue is really non-existent as the job done here is second to none (Espen did a great job with the VC as a whole)... I did notice that when you jump around views the VC textures are slow to load (once loaded their fine). I defragged my HD so hopefully that will solve the problem... :-)

FS2020 

John see my comment above on this... Randy seems to have focused on this more than I have.

FS2020 

Guest Jonas Lundh

I got the product, and so far I consider it to be very well spent money. This is the first FS addon where I by accident flipped back and forth between 2D and VC, the textures in VC is so good I lost the orientation.. :)Jonas

Hi Dillon,Yes we do "inadvertantly" work together...? Never thought of that as a bad thing ;). The point I was trying to make is that there are a limited number of token variables Microsoft provides for lighting, seven to be exact.Panel (usually used for dome lighting)StrobeLanding (default Microsoft aircraft tie this with VC instrument backlighting)NavLogoWingRecognitionTo work within the constraints of the panel SDK developers will mix and match certain variables to get what they are looking for and even go outside this box for certain lighting issues... ie the ice lighting on the Dreamfleet Baron is not tied to the lighting variables hence it will work with the battery master off. If Espen is working on a work around to "untie" the VC gauge backlighting from the landing lights that is good news. It is just when you say "Gauge lighting should never be tied to the landing or taxi lights" I feel the developer has to use something if he wants to operate within the SDK.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

That's good to hear. Did you hand fly an approach? That's where I've found most of the flight model issues show up, from bad lift vector numbers to CG configuration issues. If it sways like a drunken pirate with too much rum on final I know something is amiss. I wouldn't expect it to fly like a 737; and would be disappointed if it did. But I do expect, especially with payware, a flight model that conforms to the basic physics of flight. Been burned too many times before with payware not to be cautious. Mike

Mike the FDE is rock solid on a manual approach. That's funny because I usually find issues with autolandings as a tell tell sign of other more serious problems. That's usually my marker as to something's wrong with the FDE... :-)

FS2020 

Well I don't know what kinds of systems ya'll have but this thing brought mine to its knees. I will have to return this one for a refund. It took over 15 minutes to load, and then I ran out of virtual memory, and had all sorts of problems with itIt is an interesting concept, but doesn't run for me. I did a re-download and reinstall and no joy. Oh well, I always have the ol DC9.BTW I have a P4 2.54 gig with 512ram and a Radeon 9600. Scott

Guest Len

Hey Chase, I have to agree with you. The textures don't look anything up to the level that I'm used to seeing from Flight1. That is turning me the other way about getting this one. It lacks the reflective windows in VC. Plus I think the textures in general look cartoonish compared to anything I have seen from them. But as you said this seems modeled from an older product.I agree. I have their Iron Kuckles DC9 and graphics wise this is very similar. Interior of the Knuckles was never a strong suit. I'll pass.

Guest allcott

Scott, Any software that needs more than 512 meg ram is going to be a problem for you - like FS2004.Get a meg or moreAllcott

Thanks Paul,The list I had was from the token variable listing of the SDK I was using when trying to make some gauges with EasyGauge. I see from looking over the Event ID's listing it has all 10 you listed above. You might be able to clarify though for me, when a standard type gauge file has a night lighting bitmap does the default landing light cause that to illuminate or is it part of the model that activates the gauge lighting bitmap in conjunction with the landing lights (therefore this could be left off if one wanted to in his/her programming).Many thanks and cheers,

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888