Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

AFCADS what to do

Hi guy's, as I know nothing about afcads for P3D, do I need to do anything? I'm using Orbx scenery with a few of their airport sceneries as well, Flytampa, Flightbeam, Fsdt, Taxi2gate, Imagesim, GSX, Rex4, HD Airports, Pro atc, AS16, Mytraffic 6 and I read about afcads, so do I need to do anything in regards to afcads, if it makes the experience any better where do I get them and what do I do with them, is there some form of guide on this somewhere that I could be pointed too?

Regards Rod.

It is always good not to have more than one afcad file of one airport. For that reason I disable the MyTraffic afcad and related files of an airport when I install a payware/freeware version.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I think the best way to learn about AFCADs is to play with them.  Airport Design Editor v1.70 is free and fully compatible with P3D, and is a really good stable application. It is available from Scruffyduck here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/

Scruffyduck has a free tool for checking for duplicate AFCADs, the Simple Airport Scanner, which is a very easy to use and useful tool.

There is also an active forum association with airport design including AFCADs, FSDeveloper forum where support for ADE is available. See also AVSIM forums on sceneries, and many others.

In a nutshell, every airport has an AFCAD.  The default airports have it built into the scenery bgls and add on airports have it as one of the bgls in the scenery directory.  Default and most shareware airports are wholly designed with the AFCAD (there are options that might expand the number of bgl files from just one) so you can design an entire airport with ADE..., or most payware developers build airports with 3D design tools like GMAX or 3DS Max and the AFCAD is there only for AI traffic and parking assignments (the AFCAD is invisible but there).

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

All of your airport products will come with AFCAD files already included. You do not need to "do" anything unless you want to make changes (add/delete/modify parking spots etc).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png