Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4 ?

Hi Folks,

I am still on 3.2 -  missed alll of 3.3 - I just downloaded 3.4 - if I upgrade am I going to have to reload all my addons again ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello Scott

No,  But You may have to Update some of your Utilities Add On's,  Like ASN\2016,  Gtn 750\650 and so on.   

What Add On's are you running ? 

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for responding...

:smile:

LOL - like many people - too many to ask... ORBX, MilViz, ASN, RC4, LatinVFR, A2A, REX, Flysimware, Carenado, FlyTampa, F1-GTN, Ultimate Terrain, Ultimate Traffic... ORBX has me concerned with all the latest hoopla on download and due to their size...

Regards,
Scott

ASN,, F1-GTN, 

Client Update: 

These 2 will need an Update anyway,  For ASN, Just go to the Downloads section on the HIFI site and get the latest Update.    For the GTN you should have a little Red Updater Icon on your Desktop,  Just click into it and it will Automatically Update your GTN.   

===========

Content Update:

Inject your Rex Theme again.  Also after a Content Update,  Open your FTX Control Panel and let it do its thing,  before you Launch Prepar3D. 

As a *percussionary measure*  Go to Prepar3D v3 \ Orbx \ Troubleshooter and run the  MigrationTroubleshooter.exe     

==========  

Scenery Update: 

Reinstall Orbx Global Base,  And also run the  MigrationTroubleshooter.exe 

• Upvote 1

Hi Elaine,

Thanks a bunch - I'll give it a shot - LOL - fingers crossed...

Regards,

Scott

If I can offer a warning, some, or lots of us have very nasty VAS usage increase in v3.4. If you are add-on heavy you might want to hold out for the next update. I reverted back to 3.3 and I can complete flights again without oom'ing.

Hi Folks,

Oh $*(&@#^ !!!

First flight - CRASH to DESKTOP - included the latest hot fix... Just as I was being maneuvered by approach - 1.25 hours of flight... I can see this was a mistake - I should have stayed on 3.2...

As for Elaine's instruction - spot on - and pretty painless... Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Scott 

Did you Delete Or Rename your Prepar3D.cfg and Delete your Shaders folder,  Let them rebuild again as Default ? 

It may not solve your issue but its Recommended to anyway.  Recommended Not Required  

Personally speaking when I Update with the Client Installer,  I Delete my Prepar3D Directories,  Launch Prepar3D and let them Rebuild again as Default,  ProgramData\Lockheed Martin,  Roaming\ Lockheed Martin  and  Local\Lockheed Martin.  Note: This will Temporary Disconnect your Add On's but it always gives me a new clean smell to Prepar3D.  I just add my stuff back in,  It takes a little time but for me its worth it.

=================

Your crash could be caused by many things,  Maybe you have an Add On Software Installed that needs an Update for Prepar3D v3.4.14 ?

You have the Required NET Framework 4.6.2 Installed for Prepar3D ? 

In this Thread there is Links to AppCrash and the CTD Forums http://www.avsim.com/topic/492255-my-computer-has-crashed-what-do-i-do-now/

No issues with V3.4 18870 ... performance is amazingly smooth even with extreme graphics settings in 4K.  Just make sure you have all your third party DLLs updated ... only one update I'm waiting on is REX WX radar DLL, everyone else is updated (Orbx Objectflow.dll, FS Labs spotlight, Flight 1 GTN 750, Virtuali / FSDT, HiFi AS16, FSUIPC).

I've had NO VAS issues at all when flying heavy hitters like PMDG, just make sure to disable PILOTs Mesh and any Orbx Regions, everything else is fine, Orbx FTX Global, Vector, HD Trees, MT6, OpenLC, and whatever 3rd party airports I have, and REX WAHD, FSFX packages, and a few others.

There are some key fixes in 18870 that many 3rd party devs are relying on, personally I think anyone NOT updating to 18870 is crazy.

Delete your prepar3d.cfg after install, delete your shaders folder, go fly and reconfigure graphics settings.

Only pending issue isn't LM's issue, it's nVidia's drivers for SLI, waiting for an official fix from nVidia ... currently using 373.06 and all is good with very nice AA.

Cheers, Rob.

just make sure to disable PILOTs Mesh

Hi Rob,

Are you using any other mesh in its place or did you just go back to the default?

Cheers!

Walter Meier

Hi Folks,

Much appreciated - let me see if I can put any of this info to good use...

Regards,

Scott

Are you using any other mesh in its place or did you just go back to the default?

No, I stick with default.  I use PILOTs mesh and Orbx regions when I fly shorter GA routes.  But for long commercial flights I find a higher detailed mesh just isn't that noticeable to me - SIDs, STARS, Transition the path isn't going to be blocked by terrain sooo ... for GA it's definitely more relevant to have a good mesh.

Cheers, Rob

No, I stick with default.  I use PILOTs mesh and Orbx regions when I fly shorter GA routes.  But for long commercial flights I find a higher detailed mesh just isn't that noticeable to me - SIDs, STARS, Transition the path isn't going to be blocked by terrain sooo ... for GA it's definitely more relevant to have a good mesh.

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Rob! I'll give it a shot without the PILOT's.

Best,

Walter Meier

Hi Folks,

Ok - tried a second flight of a 1.5 hour duration - just to confirm I had a real issue - 1.25 hours on decent - noticed the cloud texture adjacent to the aircraft turned black - 0,0,0 black - a little further away they remained fine - then crash to desktop... I never had P3D crash with 3.2 - not using anything heavy on resources like PMDG...

I did install a new version of FSUiPC and ASN to make sure that was up to date...

So time to try what you suggested - I looked in the P3D directory - and there is a folder with "Shaders" in the name - but - there was more to it - is this the folder I should delete ? Not in fromt of my PC at the moment...

And the config ffle is in that "app data" "roaming" directory ?

Thanks !

Regards,

Scott

So time to try what you suggested - I looked in the P3D directory - and there is a folder with "Shaders" in the name - but - there was more to it - is this the folder I should delete ? Not in fromt of my PC at the moment...

And the config ffle is in that "app data" "roaming" directory ?

Hello Scott,

The 2 files to Delete after a Client Update are your Prepar3D.cfg and your Shaders folder 

+ Deleting your Prepar3D.cfg

Right Click and Delete your Prepar3D.cfg.  This action will return your Graphic settings back to Default again,  Simple go to Prepar3D \ Settings and adjust your Graphic\Scenery settings to your preference 

Location:  Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3  Prepar3D.cfg 

Note: You can Backup your Prepar3D.cfg by Right Clicking and Renaming it to oldPrepar3D.cfg to save any additional settings or profiles you may have

============

+ Deleting your Shaders folder

Right Click and Delete your Shaders folder 

Location:  Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  Shaders

Note: When you Launch Prepar3D it will build new shaders (Graphical Code)  Depending on your system the Shaders can take up to 2 minutes to rebuild again