Sign in to follow this  
kolaf

Crash when loading saved scenario with undocked panels

I'm running a p3d 3.3.5 installation using multiple monitors and the pilot edition of the q400 using multiple displays. I have a primary monitor for the virtual cockpit, and two secondary monitors for panels. Loading the aircraft normally and moving the panels to these monitors works without a hitch. However, if I save this scenario and then try to load it again, I only get black screens and nothing else happens. It doesn't even crash, I just get the black screens for forever. The panels are placed at the correct positions on the different monitors, but these are black as well. I hear a bunch of start-up sounds during loading (e.g. warning messages and such), but as soon as loading completes nothing more happens.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? It would be very nice not to have to undock the panels and move them about every time I want to go for a flight.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

The PILOT edition is not designed for multi-panel use.  Yes, one is able to un-dock the panels and re-locate them to other monitors, but the saving that configuration will not allow for the panels to saved in that manner.

The PRO version has 2D panels which will allow for better manipulation of this.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Oh. Disappointing, but good to get it cleared up so that I do not have to try it anymore.

Thanks

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

We have been very clear as to what each version of the Q400 project entails prior to the release of the PILOT version.

Product page listing:

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Oh. Disappointing, but good to get it cleared up so that I do not have to try it anymore.

Thanks

If that feature as well as some of the others that the PRO version offers is important to you then it might be worth the $30 to upgrade from Pilot to Pro.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks, at least that is not a massive reinvestment, so I will definitely look into it. I just had assumed that since was able to undocked the MFDs that I should be able to save and load the flight ice for most other aircraft.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

If you're running multi-monitors etc, you're probably a "pro" user anyway. Plus you get extra goodies like the HGS/HUD, some failures and the 125 Hz controls.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If you're running multi-monitors etc, you're probably a "pro" user anyway. Plus you get extra goodies like the HGS/HUD, some failures and the 125 Hz controls.

Fair point :)

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

I'm happy to report that after upgrading to the pro edition I can now load a saved scenario with undocked panels :-).

Thanks for help, guys.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen