Sign in to follow this  
rexton

Can't Engage VNAV

I just started flying the PMDG 737 a few days ago and for some reason, I am not able to engage the VNAV, however, I am able to engage the LNAV. I have tried reading other topics but I couldn't get a clear answer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I set my flight plan in the FMC and I have set the trim as close to the setting as the FMC recommended. Any help is appreciated. 

(Side question, when I use the base PMDG 737, it give me a newer looking cockpit, but when I use it with different liveries, it uses a different cockpit. Could there be any reason for that?)

I hope I did my signature correctly, because I have read that you have to put your first and last name. 

-Sujay Rao

(Side question, when I use the base PMDG 737, it give me a newer looking cockpit, but when I use it with different liveries, it uses a different cockpit. Could there be any reason for that?)

Yes. This is explained in the Intro Manual. Please take a moment to read it.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes. This is explained in the Intro Manual. Please take a moment to read it.

Where can I find the intro manual?

Where can I find the intro manual?

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > NGX > Intro Manual

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center (and use the OC to open it); or

[Your sim folder] \ PMDG \ NGX \ Documents \ Intro Manual

Kyle Rodgers

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > NGX > Intro Manual

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center (and use the OC to open it); or

[Your sim folder] \ PMDG \ NGX \ Documents \ Intro Manual

ok. I read it. So you have to exit out of FSX, go back in, and then choose the livery or do you exit out, go to the PMDG operations center, change the livery, and go into FSX? I'm a bit confused.

ok. I read it. So you have to exit out of FSX, go back in, and then choose the livery or do you exit out, go to the PMDG operations center, change the livery, and go into FSX? I'm a bit confused.

No. There's an entire section on livery options. Basically, since the real aircraft have hundreds of options: MCP type, derates allowed or not, carbon brakes vs steel, and so on, we've allowed people to select a number of them. Most liveries comes with those options set to how they would be in the real aircraft.

For what it's worth, the Intro Manual (along with the first tutorial, I believe) explain your VNAV issue.

Kyle Rodgers

In addition to reading the Introduction Manual, you should fly Tutorial 1 if you haven't done so.

Make sure your PERF INI page is complete and your A/T is on. However do fly the tutorials as advised.

Not able to engage VNAV usually means your weights and fuel load are not set correctly. As Alberto mentioned, the PERF INI page. As others have mentioned, run though the tutorial flights, they teach you a lot about setting the aircraft up and flying point A to point B.

Make sure your PERF INI page is complete and your A/T is on. However do fly the tutorials as advised.

I don't think A/T is required for VNAV. It certainly makes it easier, though!

Matt Cee

In addition to reading the Introduction Manual, you should fly Tutorial 1 if you haven't done so.

How do I fly the tutorial?

Easy open up the pdf  of tutorial one  and  follow  it  from start to finish

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The pdf document is located at Start>All Programs>PMDG Simulations>PMDG 737NGX>NGX Tutorial 1 and as Peter wrote do it from beginning to end.