Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Do sites really "read" readme files?

Guest Rockcliffe

John: Just wondering if you updated the "avsim only" aspect of the readme now that you've decided to let fsfreeware host it as well.RegardsBlair

My Palm Springs Airport scenery was recently uploaded to FS Planet. In the readme it specifically states the sites which are going to host the file, but Ferdy Serena does not read that and uploads the file to FS Planet. He had stated recently after a court case he was involved in that he would respect the authors wishes. In the past he has removed the file when I asked but now the emails bounce back. I guess too many complaints?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest allcott

>My Palm Springs Airport scenery was recently uploaded to FS>Planet. In the readme it specifically states the sites which>are going to host the file, but Ferdy Serena does not read>that and uploads the file to FS Planet. He had stated recently>after a court case he was involved in that he would respect>the authors wishes. In the past he has removed the file when I>asked but now the emails bounce back. I guess too many>complaints?>>ShezOr maybe his mailbox is full of litigation letters and his lawyers cant get their pictures taken fast enough (simmers with long memories will get that!)Raimondo, thanks for the reply. I have added FSFreeware to my list of sites to visit and will look around for some comments on the roads and water series - Has `Computer Pilot` reviewed them?Allcott

No need--although I released exclusive to Avsim, my readme does allow sites to host and users to use the program freely if the site hosting the software has my permission. I don't have time to update the readme as sites seek permission and really there's no need. I am keeping an electronic record of coorespondence with other sites, and so far, FSFreeware is the only site that has received my blessing.-John