Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Anyone Heard Anything About FS 2006 ?

The most commom guestimate for the release of FS2006 is the spring-summer (northern hemisphere) of 2006. Maybe sooner, maybe later. Maybe PC-only, maybe an X-Box version of some sort also. MS isn't saying and none of us really know.DougEdited because I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest midibyte

I'm curious as to how anyone would be able to speculate about an xbox version based on any facts. Somebody makes one post about FS for xbox and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. If there is any "information" to warrant such a rumor, I would love to see it.Scott

Guest Tomlin

WHY do people have to always say such nonsense?If you have nothing kind or sensible to contribute, please dont say anything at all.Eric

Guest midibyte

<<>WHAT on earth is this reponse to?

Guest kevin2003

I would like to be the first to say that IMO the decision to delete the post regarding the future (or lack of it)for Flightsim on either PC or XBox was at best juvinile and at worst symtomatic of the worst kind of censorship.There are many like me who are quite skeptical about the prospects of a new FSX and would have welcomed the opportunity to ask this gentleman about the source of his post.Alas that will not happen now because someone,somewhere has decided that the mere idea of a world without a new FS is unthinkable and,apparently unprintable.Bad call Avsim! re-instate the post now and let the gentleman explain the source of his info along with the relevant background info.If he is lying then forum members will make up their own minds on the issue.As for the person who pressed the elert button......all I can say is he needs to get out more.kevin

Kevin I didn't see the post but it sounds like someone was once again claiming there will be no future version of FS...If that's the case there are many of us in the loop that know that's just out right not true. If that was the subject of the post it should have gotten deleted as we don't need to hear anymore of that non-since. There's no need to hear what else he has to say when key people in this community are in contact with the MS development team.Like I said I didn't see the post but I know there's a good reason Avsim removed it. Just like the XBOX 360 fiasco I let myself get pulled into which is another issue that doesn't deserve the time and energy many of us have put into it. Flight Simulator on XBOX is a ridicules concept to say the least unless that console became as open sourced (hardware wise) as the PC...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest kevin2003

Dillon,its difficult to decide which is the more offensive.The decision to censor the thread in question or your condesending reply.You support the deletion of the post because its assertion is "just out right not true".You don't offer any evidence to support your claim other than "there are many of US in the loop that know".You go on to assert that "There's no need to hear what else he has to say"You then go on to describe the thread on the XBox as a fiasco.I'm sure the posters on that thread would be delighted to hear their contribibutions described as such.The issue here is censorship.So lets get this straight.A man posts a comment that claims that there will be no FSX for either PC or XBox.His comments are deleted.Another man claims that the opposite is true and that this reason alone is good enough to warrant the removal of the original posters thread.So Dillon, perhaps you would care to offer those of us who are "outside the loop" what evidence you have for the assertion that there will indeed be a new FS.kevin

Guest midibyte

I do remember seeing the post about no future FS releases. Ummmmm, sure he just wasn't making a joke? Thats how I read it. That got deleted. HOLY COW!!!!! Had no idea how easily offended people can get.Scott

There was a vague message about an X-box flightsim on an X-box site at the time of the X-Box360 announcement.That took on a life of its own here to the point where it's been speculated that FS10 may well be X-Box only.

What alert button? Been looking for one once in a while.

Kevin this topic has been beaten to death over the last year, do some research (it's an old tired issue that has been research and found not true). I've been chosen (among others) by Microsoft to monitor my FS9 usage which will help in the next version of FS. Why would Microsoft waist time and resources if they were closing up shop on Flight Simulator. Boeing and other Aviation institutes are helping with the next version of FS as well as helping key developers in our community with current add-ons (I wish Gulfstream and Airbus would do the same). I don't want to mention any names but some people among us in these forums know MS team members and the FS team members themselves frequent these forums... Sites like Avsim and Flightsim.com have connections in Redmond as well.Avsim or any FS web related site has no time for negative propaganda that is virtually untrue (at least that's my understanding). When the facts are well known why let people waist everyone else

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2