Sign in to follow this  
jstonge24

Runtime error on PMDG 777 startup

Hey everybody,

I've been having some issues recently with the PMDG 777 on loading the game. The aircraft will count down to two on the initializing systems message and then I get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The game proceeds to close when I hit ok. This doesn't happen with any other aircraft so I'm a little confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joel S.

Make sure you have the required Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributable 2005 with SP1 (See AVSIM CTD Guide).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Make sure you have the required Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributable 2005 with SP1 (See AVSIM CTD Guide).

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I'm running FSX Steam so upgrading the C++'s haven't worked for me.

Anything else I can do?

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I'm running FSX Steam so upgrading the C++'s haven't worked for me.

Anything else I can do?

FSX-SE is FSX.  Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 installed.  This Microsoft Visual was released with the original FSX and should have been installed by FSX-SE.  So you should have it installed.  Just want to make sure.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FSX-SE is FSX.  Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 installed.  This Microsoft Visual was released with the original FSX and should have been installed by FSX-SE.  So you should have it installed.  Just want to make sure.

Hey Jim,

Sorry again for the late reply. I'm almost positive that I have the C++ 2005 installed. I recently updated it to the 2015 version, but I don't think that should pose any issues. Is there another way to check and make sure that I have it installed?

Thanks

recently updated it to the 2015 version, but I don't think that should pose any issues. Is there another way to check and make sure that I have it installed?

Open up Add/Remove Programs and look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005.  You want the 32 bit version.  See Page 25, AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Open up Add/Remove Programs and look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005.  You want the 32 bit version.  See Page 25, AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Ok I checked my programs and I can confirm that I have both of the 2005 files in the folder. Neither name mentions the bit version but I think that the 32 is in there. What can I do next?

Try running the PMDG 777 installer and selecting REPAIR.  Be sure to run with admin rights.  Note if the installer launches the Microsoft Redistributal installer and if it does be sure to let it run.

Dan Downs KCRP

Neither name mentions the bit version but I think that the 32 is in there. What can I do next?

The guide shows you a picture of what the entries look like.  The entry shows x86 at the end of the entry if it is 32 bit and x64 if it is a 64 bit version.  If no bit version is shown, it is 32 bit.

I have no other guidance other than what is in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Try running the PMDG 777 installer and selecting REPAIR.  Be sure to run with admin rights.  Note if the installer launches the Microsoft Redistributal installer and if it does be sure to let it run.

Tried this, running as admin, but it came up with an error saying "I was unable to repair due to a limitation. Please uninstall and then reinstall. Anything that I can do here?

The guide shows you a picture of what the entries look like.  The entry shows x86 at the end of the entry if it is 32 bit and x64 if it is a 64 bit version.  If no bit version is shown, it is 32 bit.

I have no other guidance other than what is in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Ok thanks for the help Jim. I'll keep working on it.

Anything that I can do here?

Yup, uninstall and then reinstall.  This is not unexpected with FSXSE, especially if you have or ever did have FSX; regardless, give that a try.  It is a good idea to run the Operations Center once before uninstalling, just open it and then close it.  This ensures all your liveries are restored after you reinstall.  Simply run the OC again after the reinstall and it will give you  options to repair liveries.  The goal here is to allow the MS Installer that is launched by the PMDG installer to run and ensure those runtime modules are installed.

You said you started having this issue lately..., were there any changes to your computer recently before the issues started??

Dan Downs KCRP

Yup, uninstall and then reinstall.  This is not unexpected with FSXSE, especially if you have or ever did have FSX; regardless, give that a try.  It is a good idea to run the Operations Center once before uninstalling, just open it and then close it.  This ensures all your liveries are restored after you reinstall.  Simply run the OC again after the reinstall and it will give you  options to repair liveries.  The goal here is to allow the MS Installer that is launched by the PMDG installer to run and ensure those runtime modules are installed.

You said you started having this issue lately..., were there any changes to your computer recently before the issues started??

Tried the uninstall but same issue. No major changes that I can remember have happened.

Well Joel, something changed to start the occurrence of this error.  I just browsed 6-8 Google links found by using your error message as the search key and the one thing that most have in common is either a Windows 10 corrupt settings application or a corrupt runtime module(s).  Also, I'm not sure if PMDG 777 uses the 2005 or 2010 runtimes.., something in my memory recalls they had been using Visual Studio 2010 during 777 development but I'm not sure. Doesn't matter, there is something wrong with the runtime you have installed and it causes an error when trying to use the 777 and removing/reinstalling product is not helping. I do not know how comfortable you are with troubleshooting, this is one I'd pursue until I found the answer but most people have lives that matter so maybe its time to submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP