Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

better jet from Eaglesoft?

*gingerly steps into the thread*I have all three of Eaglesoft's Citations--the II/SP, CJ1+, and X. I will go against the grain a bit and say that I prefer the II/SP by a small margin, perhaps because I'm a "steam gauge" kind of guy and I like the II/SP's analog panel. The II/SP also has surprising short-field performance, meaning you can get it into and out of places you wouldn't expect a turbine to go. It's no Lear 45--it's not really that fast or long-ranged or uber-sexy. But it's a workhorse of a bizjet and pretty easy to fly.The CJ1+ has fairly similar flight characteristics to the II/SP (to my uninitiated view), but it's got the more modern glass cockpit and a limited FMC functionality. It's a nice little scooter for you and a few of your virtual friends to hop a few hundred miles down to the beach or the bright lights or whatever, have some fun, and then hop home. :) Its flight profile is similar to the II/SP; both have about 1000 nm range and cruise in the low FL300s around Mach .7.The Citation X...now that's a whole different animal. And the animal is a cheetah, or a racehorse. It's a very different beast from either of the other Cessnas. More sophisticated inside, glass cockpit, an autopilot that takes a bit of getting used to, it's MUCH heavier, requires a lot more runway, flies more like a jetliner than a bizjet. And trans-continental range step-climbing to FL510 and Mach .90? That'll work. The X is just dead sexy, there's no other way to put it.All three of the planes have excellent external models and virtual cabins and top-notch flight dynamics. No, they don't have fully-functional FMCs, but they've got about everything else you need. The II/SP has an analog panel and the CJ1+ and X have glass cockpits. Some people have experienced blurring problems with the text on the VCs; I never have, but I run 1280x960 which is the resolution that Eaglesoft designed them for. I've also put some Reality XP gauges in mine; the Jetline 2, GNS 530, and WX500 on the II/SP, and the Jetline 4 on the Citation X.You won't go wrong buying any one (or more!) of Eaglesoft's jets. If you do shorter hops then I would recommend the II/SP (if you like nice round dials) or the CJ1+ (if you like modern EFIS stuff). If you want to fly long-range and high and fast, then the Citation X is your ticket. I don't own the Beechjet 400 or the Hawker, so I can't comment on those, but if they're like the Cessnas then they're good products.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest JimC1702

This thread has caused me to dig my Eaglesoft Premier 1 out of mothballs. It's a fun little jet, especially since it came free with the Beechjet 400A.Jim

>*gingerly steps into the thread*>>I have all three of Eaglesoft's Citations--the II/SP, CJ1+,>and X. I will go against the grain a bit and say that I>prefer the II/SP by a small margin, perhaps because I'm a>"steam gauge" kind of guy and I like the II/SP's analog panel.> The II/SP also has surprising short-field performance,>meaning you can get it into and out of places you wouldn't>expect a turbine to go. It's no Lear 45--it's not really that>fast or long-ranged or uber-sexy. But it's a workhorse of a>bizjet and pretty easy to fly.>>The CJ1+ has fairly similar flight characteristics to the>II/SP (to my uninitiated view), but it's got the more modern>glass cockpit and a limited FMC functionality. It's a nice>little scooter for you and a few of your virtual friends to>hop a few hundred miles down to the beach or the bright lights>or whatever, have some fun, and then hop home. :) Its flight>profile is similar to the II/SP; both have about 1000 nm range>and cruise in the low FL300s around Mach .7.>>The Citation X...now that's a whole different animal. And the>animal is a cheetah, or a racehorse. It's a very different>beast from either of the other Cessnas. More sophisticated>inside, glass cockpit, an autopilot that takes a bit of>getting used to, it's MUCH heavier, requires a lot more>runway, flies more like a jetliner than a bizjet. And>trans-continental range step-climbing to FL510 and Mach .90? >That'll work. The X is just dead sexy, there's no other way>to put it.>>All three of the planes have excellent external models and>virtual cabins and top-notch flight dynamics. No, they don't>have fully-functional FMCs, but they've got about everything>else you need. The II/SP has an analog panel and the CJ1+ and>X have glass cockpits. Some people have experienced blurring>problems with the text on the VCs; I never have, but I run>1280x960 which is the resolution that Eaglesoft designed them>for. I've also put some Reality XP gauges in mine; the>Jetline 2, GNS 530, and WX500 on the II/SP, and the Jetline 4>on the Citation X.>>You won't go wrong buying any one (or more!) of Eaglesoft's>jets. If you do shorter hops then I would recommend the II/SP>(if you like nice round dials) or the CJ1+ (if you like modern>EFIS stuff). If you want to fly long-range and high and fast,>then the Citation X is your ticket. I don't own the Beechjet>400 or the Hawker, so I can't comment on those, but if they're>like the Cessnas then they're good products.>>Lewis "Moose" Gregory>Richmond, VirginiaThanks for the descriptions and support there Moose:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Bill,Now my head is swelling! And I'm a little red in the face as well. I know enough of your character (at least what shows in this forum) to know that you only meant a comparison of intent - and that you would never intentionally minimize someone's efforts. Had I exercised a little gray matter before responding I'd have seen that, and I thank you much for your reply.Best regards and thanks again,Leon

Hi Ron,Thanks for taking the time to respond. Had I put a little more thought into this I would have seen Bill's point, and in retrospect I know better than to think otherwise. Thanks again,Leon

No problem Leon,We enjoy the work of others and are glad to support freeware guys wherever we can:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

>This thread has caused me to dig my Eaglesoft Premier 1 out>of mothballs. It's a fun little jet, especially since it came>free with the Beechjet 400A.>>Jim>Oh my . . I forgot about that little bird!!!

Guest mberg

If you get the citation jets, be sure to check the aircraft config files to make sure your takeoff_pitch_ga is set = 8.0. If you see a semi-colon after this line, delete it and save the config file. If this line is incorrect, the aircraft will not follow the ILS glideslope correctly or at all.

Guest Knikolaes

>Could you elaborate?>>hey Ron, I believe he is talking about turning this . . . pitch_takeoff_ga=8;Into this . . . pitch_takeoff_ga=8Why? I have no clue. By default my ESDG Citations have this printed as pitch_takeoff_ga=8; and my ILS and AP work great **shrugs** This line does not appear to effect my autopilot at all for any aircraft. It may be FS version related? mberg (I didn't catch your actual name), are you running FS 9 or 9.1? I am running 9.1 in this case and all seems to work well enough. However I remember when I used to run 9.0 and I still do not recall any issues with the jets.

Guest mberg

If you have problems with any aircraft following the glideslope in APR auto mode, look to this line for problems. Don't know why my install included the ; but it is my understanding that a ; makes that line a comment line. Anyway, IF you do have issues with autoglideslope and you know it is not a localizer only runway, check the config. I do know that when the default Boeing aircraft were installed, this line was commented out and none of them would follow a glideslope until the line mentioned above was corrected. There were some posts on this many years ago with FS 98 and 2002. Maybe 9.1 corrected this, I don't know since I never did install this version. By the way, the only Eaglesoft ones I have noted in my install are the Citation X deluxe and the CJ1. (note, some aircraft have the line = 14 rather than 8, nonetheless the line is not commented out).RegardsMark

Guest Knikolaes

Innnteresting. Never knew that one. i DO have some AC that hate the LOC .. .will have to see if that makes a diff. My Cessna fleet works great though :-)

Mark,Use the aircraft.cfg as is. Rob Young did and outstanding job on these FDE's and there is no support for problems related to user modified files:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>If you have problems with any aircraft following the>glideslope in APR auto mode, look to this line for problems. >Don't know why my install included the ; but it is my>understanding that a ; makes that line a comment line.The semicolon only "comments out" stuff following, but has no effect whatever on anything on the line proceeding the semicolon.; all this is commented outthis is not commented out ; but everything on this side is... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest mberg

I believe I have bought every eaglesoft aircraft in the livery. I haven't caught the Hawker update for 2004 if there is one. Hats off to all who developed these wonderful simulated aircraft. By the way, is there a way to activate all the drop downs in VC mode on the citation X deluxe? This A/C is becoming my favorite Eaglesoft aircraft to answer the gentlemen's question. Perhaps a Gulfstream might be next?Mark