Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

better jet from Eaglesoft?

I concur with Bill. If you put either a semi colon OR two slashes after data in the cfg nothing to the right of them is recognised, but everything to the left IS. You could have 1000 lines all with semi colons and to the right a digitised picture of a naked lady made up of any characters or dots you choose, and it still would not be recognised!Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I have the Citation X and eventually deleted it. It hogs up way to much computer resources and before any of you bandwagon jumpers say..you need to upgrade, I have a P4 3.2Ghz with a ATI X850 XT card installed and a gig of ram. That being said, the Cirrus looks promising and I will prolly get that.

Eric 

Guest ScottPilot

I really think it depends on what system you have and how you have it configured.I love both the CII and CX. They perform excellent and my average FPS with these aircraft is around 23 FPS. They are very smooth, even in weather.Scott :-)ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in MISGamming System Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ (Overclocked to 2.35ghz)Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board2GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory (400mhz)160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card (Set at FULL acceleration)5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video (Overclocked: Core 260mhz RAM: 430mhz)Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircrafteDimensional Force Feedback HeadsetsSaitek Eclipse KeyboardWindows XP Pro SP2Home Network for using the Instructor StationFS9 Sliders maxed with other settings at their best quality positions.Antalasing: 2XAnistropic Filtering: 2XResolution: 1280 X 1024 32bitTexture load speed: 200Average FPS: 25 (Locked)

Guest Knikolaes

Same here - -the X performs great and is indeed very smooth. Sounds like you have somthing misconfigured or you may need to defrag.

We released the CX with no less than four levels of detail to accomodate low end to high machines. If you have difficulty running it on a 3.2 GB processor, X850 Card and 1 GB of ram somethiing is amiss...we have satisfied users who have much less horsepower than your system:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I have the Citation X and eventually deleted it. It hogs up>way to much computer resources... The gentleman who modeled the Citation X did so on a lowly 1.7 GHz machine. If Bobby could run it on that machine w/o issues, then surely there's something seriously wrong somewhere... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>"The CX is my personal favorite:-)">>I'd say you are a tad bit biased Ron! LOL>>I'll chime in, Citation X all the way! Visually it's>outstanding and has options to run on any system. It's only>cheap if you have extremely high, unrealistic expectations>from a sim model.>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpg>>CalVirAir InternationalOK, I guess you're right Mike:-) Actually there are plans in place to sharpen the lady up a bit, do a partial rebuild, add some newer features, and possibly get an FMC completed by mid to late '06. Who knows? It's possible that everyone may need to do some rebuilding whenever MS announces what the future holds for FS?At any rate, we really want to "sweeten up" the CX as schedules permit:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

>OK, I guess you're right Mike:-) Actually there are plans in>place to sharpen the lady up a bit, do a partial rebuild, add>some newer features, and possibly get an FMC completed by mid>to late '06.> >At any rate, we really want to "sweeten up" the CX as>schedules permit:-)>> >Wow . . . I would jump all over that like a kid pouncing the halloween candy bag . . . .Of course I have to be biased too . . if it comes from ESDG . . . I'd get it anyway -- FMC or not.If I had ANY wish in the world though, I'd absolutely LOVE to see what they would do for the company that I am going to work for next semester - Adam Aircraft. NO one in the FS community has been able to come even CLOSE to replicating that aircraft yet (a couple tried, but it was not even close). FSD did a great job with their Cessna 337, so we now know it IS possible to replicate in-line propulsion . . .If ESDG ever decided to take on such a project, I could go right down to Adam Aircraft here in Pueblo (Pueblo is the home of this wonderful bird -- where they make the aircraft pieces then ship them to KAPA in Denver to be assembled for the final version) and get you any and all information that you need. The staff there are frindly and frankly awesome . . . they'd probably be very happy to participate on such an endeaver.We have all seen all the major developers and their strengths, and I believe if anyone could even come close to doing an A500 with any quality at all, ESDG would be the ones that would come to what we expect :-)

Christopher, drop me an email:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,Does the team have any plans to sharpen the detail on the 2D panel of the Citation X? ESDG has done an excellent job on the other aspects of this wonderful plane. My other question would be the windscreen post on the 2D panel, from a pilot perspective it looks odd, not slnating the way it does in the VC. Of course like others would love to see a full FMC, IMHO it would then rate as one of the top planes in all MSFS.Bob JohnsonKDFW

Ummm, from the post above...."OK, I guess you're right Mike. Actually there are plans inplace to sharpen the lady up a bit, do a partial rebuild, addsome newer features, and possibly get an FMC completed by midto late '06". All depends on scheduling guys:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I have to apologise in advance: Is this thread about bizjets or addon companies? What is the actual range of the X? Optimal, full fuel T/O.Any opinions on the Chuck Dome X? Mainly thru this thread, come heck or high water; I will send him a donation and get EAGLESOFT's version- they both earned it IMHO!!!Best Regards, Donny:-wave

>>Donny AKA Shalomar>Fly 2 ROCKS!!!>>I have to apologise in advance: Is this thread about bizjets>or addon companies? What is the actual range of the X?>Optimal, full fuel T/O.>>Any opinions on the Chuck Dome X? Mainly thru this thread,>come heck or high water; I will send him a donation and get>EAGLESOFT's version- they both earned it IMHO!!!>>Best Regards, Donny:-wave Both Eaglesoft and our Corporate Jet series if I understand the original poster correctly:-)I think we've all cut our teeth on Chucks great freeware stuff.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

>Both Eaglesoft and our Corporate Jet series if I understand>the original poster correctly:-)>>I think we've all cut our teeth on Chucks great freeware>stuff.>> >Agreed. I have known many payware developers out there that have had some of their greatest work done in inspoiration of art . . . and simulation can be such an art. In the FS community, the combination of both commercial and freeware intertwines in a great community that gives us such a vast virtual world we can explore endlessly!I am using combinations of Windows Movie Maker and Blaze Media Pro to actually crate a movie that is a dedication to precisely such work. That and it will be my first attempt at a video LOL. ESDG jets are definately going to be in the flick :-)

Looking forward too it Christopher:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png