Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XP11 Default Lineup: Dayummm!

What's the consensus?

I believe that's it for now and when you go through the setup area, you will pick liveries for the aircraft, much the same as the FSX setup.

John

John Wingold

I think the new site already shows the default lineup??? I saw that originally and thought - oh there's more. But I think this is it for now. What's the consensus?

Every week LR is releasing info about the new features in xp11, i think there is more planes to reveal, like fighters and the citation...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

anyone know the release date yet of x-plane 11?

Usually around the last day of the month that devs name for release. 

-Roland

738 will be my default a/c, but the 747 looks very decent too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Reality Check - Its going to be a ' .0' .. as in 11.0 .... it might not live up to all expectation and optimized .. you know.. lets not get too crazy , yet... !

I think they are aiming to release 25th november, last video i saw on you tube mentioned XP11 in beta 3. Also they revealed most of the new features, they were doing this every friday. So the remaining i think is couple of fighters plane and the citation, Avanti and Stinson to reveal on friday 18th and next friday 25th might be the release. Lets see how things will go, there is also a possibility that the beta testing will take more time but i think any bug ironing can happen also in automated updates prompted at the launch of the XP application as they do for XP10.

Reality Check - Its going to be a ' .0' .. as in 11.0 .... it might not live up to all expectation and optimized .. you know.. lets not get too crazy , yet... !

Definitely 11.0 will not stop here, there will be lots of updates following during the run of 11. Those who have XP10 knows this very well, LR regularly releases updates and improvements and you can even participate in Beta by clicking on this option. At the launch of Xplane usually the game will prompt a message of an available update for download.

X-Plane11

Do you think that those model are the final?

Looking some comparison the c172 looks fine but the C90 is not at the same standard maybe they are done by different hand.

Cessna_172SP_cockpit_closeup-800x600.jpg

v11_KingAirC90B_cockpit-800x600.jpg

Looking some comparison the c172 looks fine but the C90 is not at the same standard maybe they are done by different hand.

The C90 was revised in x plane 10.5 and the cessna is coming with XP11. Maybe this explains the difference.

X-Plane11

A while back someone posted some images for which one was the new flight school in XP11 and I noticed there was a Super Cub shown. I was hoping for a few Bush planes as stock, we shall see.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

The C90 was revised in x plane 10.5 and the cessna is coming with XP11. Maybe this explains the difference.

The C90 update was done mainly to bring it up to new standards of functionality, i.e.. new manipulators, co-pilot 3D instruments, etc.  The cockpit textures and modeling only had minor "tweaks".  The C172 was rebuilt from the ground up and is "all new".  And yes, I did the mods to the C90 and someone else did the C172.

The C90 update was done mainly to bring it up to new standards of functionality, i.e.. new manipulators, co-pilot 3D instruments, etc.  The cockpit textures and modeling only had minor "tweaks".  The C172 was rebuilt from the ground up and is "all new".  And yes, I did the mods to the C90 and someone else did the C172.[/quote

Here you go the answer from the original source. Thanks Gregory!

X-Plane11

My personal hope is that they keep the default aircraft list small, like what's been mentioned so far. That is, unless there are one or two more models in the wings that are done to the same high standards as what we've seen so far.

Better to have a few great models to represent the sim for newcomers, than a bunch of older planes that aren't up to snuff. LR could include a folder of some of the older models like the F-22, KC-10, X-15, Space Shuttle etc. as freebies that aren't "showcase" default models. 

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

The C90 update was done mainly to bring it up to new standards of functionality, i.e.. new manipulators, co-pilot 3D instruments, etc.  The cockpit textures and modeling only had minor "tweaks".  The C172 was rebuilt from the ground up and is "all new".  And yes, I did the mods to the C90 and someone else did the C172.

Do you know, if the C90 and B58 will get a visual overhaul to match the quality of the new aircraft?

Do you know, if the C90 and B58 will get a visual overhaul to match the quality of the new aircraft?

The external textures have been updated to use the new v11 lighting.  Updates to the cockpit(s) (modeling and textures) are not on my schedule right now, but they may get done sometime in the future.