Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XP11 Default Lineup: Dayummm!

As has already been stated by pilot83 there's the Avanti and Stinson L5 which both appear in the official video. Also what about the lancair evolution that Austin owns, that was talked about at length at the Cosford release presentation because he made a big deal about the engine and systems modelling on it.

Also from the official X-Plane video there is one of his own Columbia 400s at the start plus a b52 and the shuttle.

Maybe I'm way off but they are all showing pbr textures so seem to have had the version 11 treatment.

Chris

Also from the official X-Plane video there is one of his own Columbia 400s at the start plus a b52 and the shuttle.

Maybe I'm way off but they are all showing pbr textures so seem to have had the version 11 treatment.

The B52 is showing nice pbr exterior textures in the promo videos. But the current default XP10 model doesn't even have a 3D cockpit, just an old-style flat 2D panel with default gauges. It looks like something from XP8 or XP9. I kinda doubt they're doing a full-up B52 cockpit with 3D gauges for XP11, and it would look silly with the current cockpit.

That's why I think some of what we're seeing in the promo videos will be in a "planes from previous versions" folder, like the one we have now in XP10. The default planes should all be high quality, with custom 3D cockpits. The Shuttle might make it because it already has a 3D cockpit, although many (most?) of the controls don't do anything. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Also what about the lancair evolution that Austin owns

In one of the videos or interviews floating around, he mentions that now the foundations to get it into X-Plane are there and that it will hopefully make it in the future. It made it sound like it was on the long-term track but definitely not in 11.0, but make of that what you will. If I find the link again later, I'll edit this post :)

I never believe that I would say this, but I will get XP11 on release date.  My sim spending this year dropped 95% as I debate whether to continue on with this hobby, XP-11 gives me some new hopes yet.  As for favorite XP-11 default, it will probably be the Cirrus, as I am a sucker for light jet.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I never believe that I would say this, but I will get XP11 on release date. My sim spending this year dropped 95% as I debate whether to continue on with this hobby, XP-11 gives me some new hopes yet. As for favorite XP-11 default, it will probably be the Cirrus, as I am a sucker for light jet.

I have both P3D and XP10 but XP10 is much more resource efficient (cost, RAM, VAS, and the 11 is cpu core efficient too being able to run quad core at 80 per cent)

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

The external textures have been updated to use the new v11 lighting.  Updates to the cockpit(s) (modeling and textures) are not on my schedule right now, but they may get done sometime in the future.

I was wondering if the interiour also gets 'real' reflections and lighting in XP11? It's nice that the outside of all planes is looking shiny and all but I never leave the cockpit so I'd like to see the same effects there. In P3D (and FSX) I am always annoyed by the baked in reflections on windows and gauges... So: does XP11 offer 'real' reflections on the inside?

I was wondering if the interiour also gets 'real' reflections and lighting in XP11? It's nice that the outside of all planes is looking shiny and all but I never leave the cockpit so I'd like to see the same effects there. In P3D (and FSX) I am always annoyed by the baked in reflections on windows and gauges... So: does XP11 offer 'real' reflections on the inside?

You can already get reflections on gauges in XP10, with certain models where the developer has included it. It's been there for years. So I would assume you'll see it in XP11, but again it will depend on the model. 

Not sure about window reflections. The ones I notice the most are on helicopters like the BK117 and Bell 407 where they're baked in, not dynamic. Probably to reduce the rendering load? We'll have to see how this works in XP11 models. Too much reflection can be distracting. I actually prefer models like the X-Trident Bell 412 that doesn't try to include reflections on the windscreen areas.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I am curious about the new FMS for the airliners. Have they revealed its capabilites? Navigraph compatibility? The screenshots look like the old FMS in the default aircraft which would be a great disappointment.

The new FMS will be significantly improved. Judging from the presentations and preview screenshots, it will feature SIDs/STARs and entering routes with airways and altitude/speed restrictions. The FMS uses the same data as the GPS, so it will be updatable with Navigraph/Aerosoft data.

Here are some previews:

http://xplanereviews.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/5800a4837a673_X-Plane-11_FMS1.jpg.4e8be0e996733946fd48cc345c401d42.jpg

http://xplanereviews.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/5800a4889687c_X-Plane-11_FMS2.jpg.f76f41cafac1ac42da4a69586ffdce91.jpg

http://xplanereviews.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/5800a48dcd216_X-Plane-11_FMS3.jpg.23adf5328984db9989aa7b648443a2b1.jpg

http://xplanereviews.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/5800a4922a1a2_X-Plane-11_FMS4.jpg.e07165c6cd25c313d76d71828481341f.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wow, that is cool. That is way beyond what I expected of the new default FMS.

Cool.

So every Friday LR announce something, right? Hence maybe today the Citation X and next Friday the first beta release?

Yes!

Nice!

I am getting more and more interested in XP11.

Cool.

So every Friday LR announce something, right? Hence maybe today the Citation X and next Friday the first beta release?

Judging by post #39, beta testing may have already occurred, but I could be wrong.  No matter though, as I am still enjoying the heck out of XP10, it was the smartest move I ever made.  I do however, look forward to the increased visuals in XP11, and the added bonus of newer default aircraft that look to be payware quality out of the box.  I just hope they release this before the end of the year now, since we only have less than two weeks before the end of November and LR stated it would be out in November.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit