Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Friendly Reminder - scrolling the MCP

I was watching a youtube with someone flying the NGX and noticed somehow the guy was scrolling REALLY FAST the numbers on the MPC. After some digging the light came on... PMDG programmed in the mouse scroll wheel to be able to change the values in the MCP... quickly, slowly... whatever you want based on the speed you spin the scroll wheel. Setting minimums... all sorts of things that if you don't know this trick, are slightly annoying.

You don't have to do anything special, when the little hand pops up, the scroll wheel becomes active.

Sure enough, this is mentioned in the introduction manual. 

Just wanted to start this thread in case someone else glazed over this nugget like I had. A year and a half it took before I realized this function. 

Thanks !! Yes all buttons can be moved fast with the mouse wheel, the transponder on quickly too. The one thing you have to remember is that your mouse zoom with EzDok must be off.

EzDok must be off

Correct, I found this out too, simply un-check the scroll wheel zoom in your EZdoc view.