Sign in to follow this  
Cann0nF0dd3r

Little tidbit

I didn't build this program but I stumbled on it when looking for an easier way to fly the PMDG tutorial flights. Its PDFKneeboard from https://github.com/nmeier/fscode/releases. It allows you to open a PDF file in a popup window within the sim. The description says it is for FSX but it works fine in P3D 3.4 as well. Makes it easy to do those tutorial flights without printing out the files, alt-tabbing between windows or looking at a second screen/PC. Also nice of you export flight plans to PDF.

It is a nice addon, however.. I got g3d.dll crashes when using it much. FS9 (mine) doesnt seem to like it, I miss it.

I've been looking for that.  Thanks!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I dont know about FS9, I haven't used that one in years TBH, but it works great in FSX and P3D.

It is a nice addon, however.. I got g3d.dll crashes when using it much. FS9 (mine) doesnt seem to like it, I miss it.

A nice little tidbit indeed. However, be VERY careful with it...

Because - believe it or not - this little birdy can have a real appetite for VAS Food and doesn't clean the table after using it...I'm speaking of 400 MB and more if you use very large PDF files, of wich the most of it will remain allocated in the VAS space once loaded.

Here's how: for every page you view within a PDF document, I noticed that pdfKneeboard uses a few MB of VAS space, wich depends on the content of the page (text or graphics) So when you view PDF documents with all SID's, STAR's and terminal procedures and general infomation about an airport - I always make these 4 documents per airport out of Navigraph - and you scroll through the entire documents back and forth you could end up with this amount of VAS usage (example: EHAM - KJFK = 69 + 59 = 128 pages)

I already contacted the developer about this and he said he will look into it.

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I never had any VAS issues using it at all. Not doubting you, just have never seen it myself. Course I'm not a VAS hawk like a lot of people are, I dont watch it as much.

Hopefully not a tangent but the better option is a second monitor.

spacer.png

Depends. I like having it right on the same screen and not having to keep looking at a different screen or down at a piece of paper. To each there own but not everybody has/wants/can afford multiple monitors. This is an easy solution.

I enjoy using Navigraph cloud on my tablet.   This seems like a good product though if they can fix the VAS issues.

Regards

I believe there is a freeware kneeboard in the AVSIM Library.  I messed around with it a few years ago, but as I run a 55 inch 4K and x3 23 inch monitors I didn't really need to pursue it.  If I find it, I'll though in a link.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, it is a freewre kneeboard, more a pdf viewer.

It works great but my FS9 eventually crashes when I look at it too often. (G3D.dll)