Sign in to follow this  
VCG-01

Failure to find FSX retail

Forgive me if this has already been answered. I am making the switch to FSX Steam from the boxed version. I did a fresh install of all my FSX products, I deleted all Boxed version addons, registry keys, etc. While installing the PMDG 737 8-900 I got the option for FSX Boxed or Steam and the same with my 777 200 and 300er. However when I try to install the 737 6-700 expansion pack I get the following error "Unable to locate FSX.exe for FSX - retail edition. Please contact PMDG Support and advise that you have a FAILURE TO FINS FSX RETAIL FILE FAILURE". I have tried the Flight one registry tool running as admin with no luck. I re-downloaded the installer from the PMDG store today still with no luck, any ideas? 

Please contact PMDG Support and advise that you have a FAILURE TO FINS FSX RETAIL FILE FAILURE

That is exactly what you should do. There is a registry problem that can be fixed, but not in the user forum.  Visit PMDG Product Support, create a support account if you have not done so already (they are separate from sales accounts), and submit a trouble ticket with a copy of your post or an explanation.

PMDG is here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP