Sign in to follow this  
MattCollins

Strange AI Behavior

In honor of KLM ending 747 service to St Maartens, I added a 747 flight to my traffic, EHAM-TNCM-TNCC, as the schedule existed. At St Maartens the 747 acts very strange. It touches down about 2/3 of the way down the runway, then basically does a touch and go, makes one more circuit, then disappears. All other AI traffic lands normally at TNCM, and the 747 model lands normally at other airports. No duplicate AFCADS present Anyone have any other thoughts? Not a big deal, just curious.

Matt

Try starting up the flight 10 or minutes or so before the plane is due; gives the AI time to set up the approach properly.

Your 747 might be spawning at 30,000ft and trying to get down in 1 minute! 

Actually, that's what I've been doing. I follow the flight all the way down. Seems like a stable descent and it's level at 2000 at 5 miles out. Crosses the threshold at 400 ft AGL. Never seen it on any other aircraft. Tried it with addon and default scenery and no difference. Strange.

Matt

Update. Apparently the UT 747 model just doesn't like this airport. It's fine at other airports but not here. Tried a different model and it works fine. Beats me.

Matt

Do you have an available parking spot of sufficient size (radius) when the 747 comes in to land ?

Peter Schluter

I don't think the flight will appear if there isn't an available parking space. As I said above, apparently it was the 747 model itself.