Sign in to follow this  
Grahm

RTE and PLN

Since "generate routes" is down at simroutes.com It's cumbersome planning a flight. When entering the route into the NGX FMC and saving it, why doesn't it create and load the route into ASN (Active Sky Next) like it does for the 777? Or is this a feature I need to enable? It sure would be nice if it did.

Michael Warren

Because ASN doesn't know how to read a .rte format file - it only knows FS/FSX format .pln files. That's because it would have to be aware of every format used in FSX if it accepted non-standard formats from individual developers.  If simroutes is down, give SimBrief a try - it exports .rte and .pln formats.

David Jones

Or is this a feature I need to enable? It sure would be nice if it did.

I don't believe there is a feature to enable. The winds aloft must be manually entered by waypoint using either the mouse or keyboard.

Use simbrief.com instead. That site now has a route planner and you can save the route in PMDG .rte format and FSX .pln format for ASN.

ki9cAAb.jpg

When entering the route into the NGX FMC and saving it, why doesn't it create and load the route into ASN (Active Sky Next) like it does for the 777?

This feature was introduced for the first time in the PMDG 777, years after the release of the NGX. Once you are used to it, it becomes a nuisance when it is missing doesn't it?

I happen to really like the flight planning process, it gives me a spatial awareness of where I am at and what is around me during the flight.

Dan Downs KCRP