Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

Keyboard Keys dont respond

Hi all,

Loving the product so far, still getting to grips with it, but i have one really annoying problem. Which is the add on badly affects my keyboard typing, it repeats characters and misses others. No idea why but when chase plane runs it really screws up my keyboard. As soon as i turn it off my keyboard works fine. Any ideas?

Cheers

Neil

I experience the same issue however when shutting down chaseplane only sometimes does the keyboard recover. Most of the time I need to restart my PC. Is this maybe because of some keyboard software? I use a logitech gaming keyboard with the logitech gaming software running in the background. What kind of keyboard do you use?

I have a corsair keyboard. I have never had an issue with it ever. Until i installed chase plane. When it runs my keyboard doesnt work. When it stops my keyboard works fine. I have no gaming sw running. So i think its not the keyboard :)

Cheers

Hello developers,

Any chance I could have a response on this. In both FSX and P3D my keyboard stops working when using chase plane. As soon as I quit chas plane the keyboard works again, load it back up and keyboard is messed up again. It's driving me crazy.

Hi,

• What is the exact keyboard model?
  • What is your Windows version?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin,

My keyboard is a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard and I use Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Should I try deleting and reinstalling chase plane.

For info I have just started chase plane with nothing else running and opened a text document and typed and its screwed up. As soon as I close chase plane I can type fine.

Hi again, I tried an uninstall and reinstall, made no difference. Keyboard is unusable with chase plane.

Cherry MX

Hi again Keven,

Any idea on why my keyboard won't work correctly with chase plane running. I appreciate it's in alpha and I can't expect a error free experience, but i would really like to be able to use it and have a working keyboard.

Cheers

Neil

Hey Neil,

I ordered the keyboard and will be testing with it throughout the week.

Sorry for the lack of update on the topic

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Wow I'm impressed, blimey that's some really good customer service!! I hope you like using it as it is a very good keyboard. Good luck and thanks for your reply. I think this program will be awesome once it is ready for general release, other than the keyboard issue I have to say it is a lovely bit of s/w. Looking porward to Immersion package for FSLABS A320 :) hint, hint. :)

Cheers

Neil

Just thought I would add, the only issue I have with ChasePlane is keyboard issues. It can work fine for a long time, then the keyboard will freeze or spam the last pressed key. If I quit ChasePlane, the keyboard is still frozen. If I unplug the usb and plug back in, Keyboard recovers, re-launch ChasePlane and it will be ok for a while and then the same.

Keyboard is a Logitech G110. I have the Logitech gaming software running (for my headset mostly)

Thanks,

--

Martyn Pearson

Hello, I have the same problem with my keyboard, a normal Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. 

Unplug and plug back in normally solves the problem, but I have also experienced a P3D ctd with faulting module DINPUT.DLL

Regards

Michele

Hey guys,

same here. Using a plain Microsoft Wired Keyboard and it's exactly the same as mentioned above by others. Keyboard disconnects, sometimes hotkeys the last pressed button or just completely ignores any type on input. Reconnecting is an option that might solve it, but the problem is that FSX REALLY doesn't like USB inputs being unplugged and replugged and just quits after 2-3 times. 

Regards,

Kilian

Hi Keven,

Wow I'm impressed, blimey that's some really good customer service!! I hope you like using it as it is a very good keyboard. Good luck and thanks for your reply. I think this program will be awesome once it is ready for general release, other than the keyboard issue I have to say it is a lovely bit of s/w. Looking porward to Immersion package for FSLABS A320 :) hint, hint. :)

Cheers

Neil

Ok so I have the Keyboard (Great Keyboard BTW, I'll be keeping it).

The bad news is that I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. 

The good news is that I'm more determined than ever to find and resolve this issue.

Here's what I need from everyone having this issue:

1. Windows version with the date of the last update to the system
  2. The highest version of Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in your Windows Control Panel
  3. The highest version of Microsoft Visual C++ you can find in your Windows Control Panel
  4. If installing SlimDX End User Runtime fixed the issue (https://slimdx.org/download.php download the x86 .NET 4.0 version)

Thank you everyone for your patience, we really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42