Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Aerosoft Aspen X Performance ?

Hi Folks,

Question: Did Aerosoft ever resolve the initial reported performance issues on KASE ??? Is it working better than when it was first released ??? I recall seeing massive performance issues reported without a response on Sacramento X and Nassau X (developer now on my no-fly list) - - - but I believe that KASE was a different developer...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi there,

i do not have any performance problems neither with Aspen nor Sacramento. What would be the performance problems?

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I've experienced the Aspen problem as well---sharp drop in VAS, even just flying over the airport.  Taxiing to the runway sometimes gets an OOM.   No problem with other Aerosoft airports.

JOHN

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I mainly followed this on the Aerosoft forum - but there were huge threads on Sacramento and Nassua complaining about VAS issues and P3D crashes when approaching the airports... The developer of both products didn't seem motivated to really fix it - hence even more complaints...

On Aspen - I recall some folks reporting poor frame rates (subjective) and having to remove static models and such to make it better - but that was a different developer and he seemed much more responsive to fixing the issues... I've been absent for a while and just wondered if he had improved it... I couldn't find any more relevant threads on AS...

Thanks for the feedback - always liked KASE - maybe I'll just stick to my ORBX freeware for that airport...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

the Aspen Extended performance is very much OK since the update (current version is 1.1):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111394-aspen-flaws/&do=findComment&comment=754891

Make sure you download the FTX Global base patch for KASE from the AS forum as well. (IMO it looks better also with photoscenery, not only with Global):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/112810-aspen-extended-ftx-global-patch/#comment-759486

Hi Oliver,

Sounds promising - I'll take a look...

:wink:

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott