Sign in to follow this  
Yoland

How to modify contrast in FSX

Compared with P3D 3.4, the screen rendering of the FSX and FSX-SE pictures looks very pale and somewhat washed out.

On the other hand, being a professional photographer and usig my screen with photoshop and other image programsm I do not wish to modify my calibrated screen setting.

Thus, I am looking for a way to increase the contrast of FSX pictures from within the program. Is there a way to do it with a specific action, for instance in the shader section or any other way.

Greetings from frierndly Switzerland

I downloaded sweetFX / Now I will have to understand how it works :smile:

Anyway, a little time and I should find out.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I had exactly the same problem and used ENB to solve it.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

What I think may work easier for you is Shade. Check out Frooglesim's video for an explanation  

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thank you Gentlemen for all your good advices.   :smile:

Finally I bought MOGWAISOFT SHADE FOR FSX and it works great for what I wanted to do. Of course this program offers much more possibilities than what I really needed. But I will study  all the instructions and I am convinced that I will find more ways to use it.