Sign in to follow this  

Anyone check nVidia 376.09 drivers work in SLI with P3D V3.x?

Wow, that's a huge drop!

Yeah, last night heavy overcasted, rainy, foggy Munich, barely 15 fps in the cockpit. Used system restore, tried the same scenario frames were back to upper 30s

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Yeah, last night heavy overcasted, rainy, foggy Munich, barely 15 fps in the cockpit. Used system restore, tried the same scenario frames were back to upper 30s

That's interesting.

And what GPU do you have?

Richard Åsberg

That's interesting.

And what GPU do you have?

asus gtx1060 strix overcloacked. I mean i can try again and report.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

asus gtx1060 strix overcloacked. I mean i can try again and report.

OK, I'm using a 980 Ti and just tried out the new drivers but didn't see any drop in FPS.

This was just a quick test sitting at the gate in the NGX but will also try some actual flying later on. Maybe that will give another result.

Richard Åsberg

same result, deleted the shaders, even p3dcfg, loading default flight with all settings reseted gives 50-60 fps, while the driver before gives over 120 fps. 

Ivan Majetic

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated, guess I'll skip this nVidia driver update and stay with 373.06.

Cheers, Rob.

So no more 361.43?

Nope, Ivan, seems there are plenty of folks who are seeing problems with these drivers: http://www.techspot.com/news/67078-nvidia-latest-37586-drivers-plagued-issues.html

Greg

Thanks Greg :)

Ivan Majetic

I installed it yesterday, performance drop too here(no SLI), and this morning i got BSOD on Windows load. I didn't changed anything else on my system BTW.

Fixed it somehow - managed to load the windows after a couple of hours, replacing driver now.

There are many complains about it, we should expect a hotfix soon:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976636/geforce-drivers/official-375-86-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-15-16-/post/5019740/#5019740

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

Sorry !

I tried it yersteday and I don't got any drop...really...

Still flickering with light and contrails ...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

i have just deleted the latest driver

frames all over the place 15fps then jumps to 40 or 50 then back to 15 in a couple of seconds

never had that before

jeff storey

Me to, and i'm not using SLI. It seems to work great on some 10xx and 9XX cards. Beside flickering in SLI mode, FPS and stuttering problems appear to affect OC card's, mine has factory OC by MSI and i got big performance drop and stutters like newer before. 

But BSOD on Windows startup was new for me, i was very close to reinstall Windows

Just downloaded and installed the new 375.86 driver for my 980gtx in SLI....

First impressions are excellent...much smoother and on my rig an increase in fps...

As always might not be on your system...

Dave