Sign in to follow this  

Anyone check nVidia 376.09 drivers work in SLI with P3D V3.x?

Thanks Vic, will check it out ... works in Win10?

Sounds like you need to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of FSLabs (they have an update for P3D V3.4 on their web site ... assume you are refering to FSLabs Spotlight product).

Primarily interested to see if these newer drivers fix the SLI flicker problem ... but with Vic's suggestion, I'll probably just test this out myself.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry for jumping in on the SLI thread, when I checked this morning for some odd reason the 'Shaders' folder had been deleted. new one has been compiled and running ok, not yet reinstalled spot lights.

bob

edit had already picked up the SpotLights update for P3d latest version.

edit had already picked up the SpotLights update for P3d latest version.

There are several, which version of SpotLights?

Cheers, Rob.

the SLI flashing STILL exists in P3D.   :mad:

Thanks Vic, ugh indeed ... looks like other major new AA Titles are also suffering from SLI flickering.

Not sure I understand the person claiming that SLI is a scam. He also vaguely claims that "everyone" knows it's a scam too. I guess I hate to be late to this party.

It's not a scam, it's just that DX12 came out which can address Multiple GPUs uniquely and controlled by the game/sim developer ... nVidia had to spend considerable resources keeping SLI working and over time it started to get very costly (cost exceed the revenue potential since multi-GPU customers are a minority market), then nVidia released their shield product (almost competition with themselves), then add the decline of the PC market share, and viola ... SLI driver support is slowing being phased out.

Now we may well see Multi-GPU benefits in the future via DX12, but it will be almost exclusively controlled/coded by the developers of the game/sim.  However, DX12 is tied to Windows 10 which is still only about 22%  (growing, but growing very slowly).

Considering nVidia haven't fixed the flickering problem for P3D and other AA titles, it's a pretty good indicator that SLI is not a priority for nVidia ... but we sorta knew that anyway given how long it took for LM to get nVidia to provide an SLI profile for P3D.

In the meantime, I recommend staying with an older driver that works with SLI (I'm using 373.06 with good results, but suggest folks experiment).

Again, this thread is for SLI ONLY.

Cheers, Rob.

There are several, which version of SpotLights?

I re down loaded FSLSpotlights v1.0.0.25 (compatibility with Prepar3D v3.4 (up to build 19145).

Its working fine now, thanks for you input.

noted your comment re the thread being SLI only.

bob

Now we may well see Multi-GPU benefits in the future via DX12, but it will be almost exclusively controlled/coded by the developers of the game/sim.  However, DX12 is tied to Windows 10 which is still only about 22%  (growing, but growing very slowly).

Hi Rob,

Doesn't this take some of the pressure off nVidia? As far as DirectX 12 is concerned this is really only relevant for new titles which are still relatively few in numbers. Windows 7 still has the largest market share by far (not far short of 50%) and this is likely to continue for some time yet. Look how long XP has hung on and Windows 7, arguably, is still offering all we really need in a capable, fast and stable O/S without any pressing requirement to 'upgrade' to W10....yet. (No doubt MS are smarting in the wake of their recent flawed plots to coerce us all en masse into making the switch so we need to be constantly watching our backs!)

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Yes, in time, and inevitably, the percentage will fall but the titles running happily under this enduring O/S are many and, as far as I am aware, all recent games still, and for good reasons, retain full compatibility with Windows 7 64bit/DX11. This redoubtable and enduring O/S, along with SLI, will be around for the foreseeable future as will end user demands for optimisations in their favourite games. I think we just need to be patient. Doubtless nVidia will address our SLI needs eventually.

Regards,

Mike

Doesn't this take some of the pressure off nVidia?

For SLI support, yes.  Agree, transition to DX12 will be very very slow and even with that transition there is no guarantee the game/sim developers will opt to utilize DX12's ability to access more than one GPU.

Looks like a new 376.19 driver is out ... haven't tried it yet ... SLI still broken?

Cheers, Rob.

new driver still runs like crap in sli

and get this to run newer games they are forceing you to upgrade your driver  tried battlefield 1 and it wouldnt run without updating to the current driver and it looks shaky in the menus in sli

Hi Shane, my experience also ... hence I'm moving to a single Titan X Pascal and selling my two Titan X's.  Maybe nVidia will eventually fix it but clearly SLI is not a priority for them.

Cheers, Rob.

See post #42. SLI has always been  a low priority for nVidia. And with Intel's CPUs now not producing significant performance improvements with each generation, there is really no point in building a system that leans that heavily on the GPU side. The only solution is for 3D app developers to eliminate as much dependency on the CPU as possible.

same result, deleted the shaders, even p3dcfg, loading default flight with all settings reseted gives 50-60 fps, while the driver before gives over 120 fps. 

What driver gave you that?  I'm also with 980TI

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated, guess I'll skip this nVidia driver update and stay with 373.06.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

is this the latest stable driver for P3dv3.4.9 and 980Ti?

Thanks guys

ugcx_banner.png

Bought a second 780ti SC about this time last year, exclusively for P3D with the aim of increasing AA, and I feel like it's been an all-around bust. It took some CPU overhead (and we know how important that is in flightsim), a bigger PSU, etc.

And even if you move to X-Plane, it's not like that utilizes SLI.

That said, it wasn't as big of a bust as upgrading to NVME, vis-a-vis the Samsung 950 Pro several months ago...

Bought a second 780ti SC about this time last year, exclusively for P3D with the aim of increasing AA, and I feel like it's been an all-around bust. It took some CPU overhead (and we know how important that is in flightsim), a bigger PSU, etc.

And even if you move to X-Plane, it's not like that utilizes SLI.

That said, it wasn't as big of a bust as upgrading to NVME, vis-a-vis the Samsung 950 Pro several months ago...

Yeah I'm in a similar 'kicking myself' state at the moment.  I built a new PC for P3D and included a GTX 1080.  My monitor is stupidly huge widescreen 1440p and so the 1080 couldn't quite keep us with the AA I was looking for.  So I bought another one - kind of led by the fact that Rob has two Titan X's in SLI.  Having never done SLI before, I was excited at what it would bring.  And then the dramas with drivers surfaced and I read stories of how SLI is being phased out.

So now I've bought a single Titan X Pascal and am going to sell the GTX 1080s.  Lesson learnt!

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

I am in that boat and it is sinking fast. Bought a 1080 and sold my three 980's but still no joy with P3D. Please relate how much more the Titan X Pascal helps with P3D then did the 1080 ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am in that boat and it is sinking fast. Bought a 1080 and sold my three 980's but still no joy with P3D. Please relate how much more the Titan X Pascal helps with P3D then did the 1080 ?

Sure thing.  I should get it delivered early next week so I'll let you know.  I expect it'll allow me to run higher AA than a single 1080 in a 1440p widescreen setup.

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

Please relate how much more the Titan X Pascal helps with P3D then did the 1080 ?

My T X pascal is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but we have some family emergencies going on right now so not sure if I'll have time to install/test.  I honestly am not expecting much of a difference in P3D, perhaps in a difference in XP11 since my current GPU is pegged at 100% (but hard to say if this is XP11 beta bugs or real).

Cheers, Rob.

So I bought another one - kind of led by the fact that Rob has two Titan X's in SLI.  Having never done SLI before, I was excited at what it would bring.  And then the dramas with drivers surfaced and I read stories of how SLI is being phased out.

The older nVidia drivers DO WORK well with SLI and P3D, just not the newer nVidia drivers.

Cheers, Rob.

My T X pascal is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but we have some family emergencies going on right now so not sure if I'll have time to install/test.  I honestly am not expecting much of a difference in P3D, perhaps in a difference in XP11 since my current GPU is pegged at 100% (but hard to say if this is XP11 beta bugs or real).

Cheers, Rob.

The older nVidia drivers DO WORK well with SLI and P3D, just not the newer nVidia drivers.

Cheers, Rob.

Just stability I guess - given the driver difficulties with SLI.