Sign in to follow this  
Bones309th

Elevators and Ailerons Axis Inop with FSUIPC 777

Hey Guys!

I'm trying to setup my flight controls with the 777 through FSUIPC, and I can't get the elevators and ailerons to work. No problems with the 737 or any other airplane. They show up fine within the FSUIPC axis menus, but when I get in the VC, nothing! They even register okay within the joystick calibration section. This is using ANY type of controller axis. The trottles as axis work just fine. What's special about the 777? Any ideas how to fix it?

P3D Ver. 3.4

FSUIPC Ver. 4.95b

Thanks!

What's special about the 777? Any ideas how to fix it?

Don't assign axes in FSUIPC. You can process them all you want, but they need to be assigned in the sim menus.

Kyle Rodgers

Never mind guys. I figured it out! Operator error! Turns out I didn't noticed the yokes were minimized. When they are in such a state, the animation is disabled. Guess it was a good idea to put power on the airplane and check the flight controls page! See Yah!

Don't assign axes in FSUIPC. You can process them all you want, but they need to be assigned in the sim menus.

Kyle, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "in the sim menus"?

Never mind guys. I figured it out! Operator error! Turns out I didn't noticed the yokes were minimized. When they are in such a state, the animation is disabled. Guess it was a good idea to put power on the airplane and check the flight controls page! See Yah!

Kyle, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "in the sim menus"?

The simulator Controls menu. Where you can assign keys, and axes without the use of FSUIPC.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, okay. Is running okay though using the axis with FSUIPC. Do you know off hand what issues I can have running it that way? So, just to make sure I understand: I can assign key commands using FSUIPC, but NOT the axis? So, when I fly this airplane, I have to check "Enable Controllers"? Is that right? Thanks man for taking the time.

I guess it is the FBW simulation.

Same as the MD-11 , you will not get proper control of the pitch/roll axes if you assign using the "send direct to FSUIPC" settings. In the MD-11 I can use the "send to FS as normal axis" settings and therefore get full use of the FBW PMDG programming; use FSUIPC to calibrate; and run my sim (FS9 !!) with "joystick disabled".

Kyle will be the best person to confirm if you can do that with the 777

Peter Schluter

I never knew this. The thing I've been doing is going into FSUIPC when the 777 is loaded in and "Reload Assignments" move the yoke and then it functions as normal.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Oh, okay. Is running okay though using the axis with FSUIPC. Do you know off hand what issues I can have running it that way? So, just to make sure I understand: I can assign key commands using FSUIPC, but NOT the axis? So, when I fly this airplane, I have to check "Enable Controllers"? Is that right? Thanks man for taking the time.

Not sure how all symptoms show, but a flap axis through FSUIPC usually shows a symptom of the aircraft flying with unrealistic negative AoA. It will also struggle to climb.

So...if you really want to run axes through FSUIPC, that's fine, but keep in mind that if you see weird stuff happening, the first thing you're going to need to do is pull the FSUIPC.ini out of the [Root Sim Folder]\Modules folder and place it somewhere else temporarily. This will remove all axis settings temporarily so that you can somewhat take it out of the equation.

I guess it is the FBW simulation.

Same as the MD-11 , you will not get proper control of the pitch/roll axes if you assign using the "send direct to FSUIPC" settings. In the MD-11 I can use the "send to FS as normal axis" settings and therefore get full use of the FBW PMDG programming; use FSUIPC to calibrate; and run my sim (FS9 !!) with "joystick disabled".

Kyle will be the best person to confirm if you can do that with the 777

Not sure what you're referring to here, sorry. To be honest, I can't remember much of the MD-11 anymore.

We do not recommend setting axes through FSUIPC. Set in the sim, and process through FSUIPC at max.

Kyle Rodgers

Cool Kyle. Good stuff! I've noticed weird behavior when trying to reverse the spoiler axis as an example using FSUIPC. I just can't get that to work properly. Looking at the Introduction manual (06OCT14 SP1c), it recommends to NOT calibrate the axis using FSUIPC. Since reversing the axis uses the calibration section of FSUIPC, I can see where the issues come in. To prevent any issues, I'm going to set a profile specific to the 777 without any axis. I'll simply check "enable controllers" within P3D. Thanks again Kyle. Pete and Cory thanks for contributing guys. Learned something!

Raudel "Ray" Lemus