Sign in to follow this  
DC-3 Hack

Adding autothrottle to a turboprop

I know this might seem unrealistic (and maybe even heresy!) but I would like to add an autothrottle to one or two of my turboprops (Cessna Caravan and the recent freeware Socata TBM 700) so that I don't always have to worry about obtaining the correct speed while I'm engaged on and learning other flying tasks, especially when landing. I've added the autopilot (with autothrottle switch) from the default 737 as a separate pop-up window, which works ok, and changed 'autothrottle_available=0' to =1 in aircraft.cfg, but it doesn't control the throttle when I switch the autothrottle on and dial in an airspeed while flying the plane. Am I doing something wrong, is there something else I need to do or am I trying to do something which is impossible?Thanks

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Guest midibyte

Are you doing something wrong? YES! Putting way to much effort in getting the sim to fly for you. You might want to try going back to the C172 and start from there just to get everything in your head flowing correctly in order to be able to handle a landing. I know how busy it can get especially when trying to fly an ILS/approach. Leave the crutches at home and learn how to do it correctly. Scott