Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Which Zurich FSDT or Aerosoft?

I have Zurich Airport from FSDT and Aerosoft Mega-Airport-Zurich v2. Which one to install?

I guess Aerosoft's Zurich is newer and has more city details?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Thanks, officercrockey, Aerosoft then.

Cheers,

Dirk.

...unless of course you are using P3D and want to be able to operate the jetways...

Petraeus

Yeah, the FSDT is dated but still looks okay; and, I'm not very fond of Aerosoft support so I tend to stay away from them if I have any choice. That explains why I prefer UK2000 to the VAS killing mega airport heathrow.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the FSDT Zürich Kloten in use - and for me it is a very good product! In fact one of the best scenery add ons.

But I do not know the Aerosoft one.

Yeah, the FSDT is dated but still looks okay; and, I'm not very fond of Aerosoft support so I tend to stay away from them if I have any choice. That explains why I prefer UK2000 to the VAS killing mega airport heathrow.

Yes, Aerosoft is halfhearted if not ignorant when it comes to P3D support. I stay with alternatives from FT / FSDT / FB when ever possible. I have purchased many AS airports during FSX times, but currently, only airport from AS in my setup is EDDF, which is very nice I have to admit. Zurich, I stay with FSDT version.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Moving jetways are important, I may want to reconsider. Of course P3Dv3.3 here, not FSX. Thanks!

Dirk

Also , bare in mind that the Aerosoft version uses the  "Airport Controller Module" and that is giving headaches to quite a lot of people (including myself) and yes, i second what Dan mentioned : the Aerosoft Support leaves a lot to be desired, to say the least. I´m with FSDT, never had problems with it and stay away from Aerosoft if possible.

Regards, Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

I have both airports installed but after some testing and comparing only the Aerosoft version remains activated despite the fact, that the jetways do not work.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I have both airports installed but after some testing and comparing only the Aerosoft version remains activated despite the fact, that the jetways do not work.

Hwy is that?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Aren't jetways supposed to work on any aiport if you have gsx?

No.  GSX has nothing to do with whether jetways work or not.  It's up to the airport developer.  Aerosoft uses their own approach where they want you to buy credits to get jetways to work at their airports.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No.  GSX has nothing to do with whether jetways work or not.  It's up to the airport developer.  Aerosoft uses their own approach where they want you to buy credits to get jetways to work at their airports.

Is that accurate? I know they have their AES product, but doesn't that work "free" on their own airports?

• Upvote 1

Is that accurate? I know they have their AES product, but doesn't that work "free" on their own airports?

As Kamal said, GSX doesn't control jetways at airports, be it aftermarket or default, with the exception on some SODE jetways in the FSDT Memphis and KIAH that are incorporated into GSX.

Even though AES is marketed through Aerosoft, you still need to buy AES credits for their airports that have static jetways.

GSX aside from the aforementioned SODE jetways in their two sceneries has no effect at all on jetways.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator