Sign in to follow this  
sqbltz

align external views with horizon

Hi,

In planes that are not horizontal on the ground, like C-47, how can I align the external views with the horizon when moving arround?

Thanks

AS

ASemana

At the moment you can't (as far as I know), but hopefully in future it will be a toggle option. I'd like to see it too. You can only 'roll' the camera to make it level with the horizon, but any rotation (panning) will make it skewed again.

Alternatively, it may just be that the ChasePlane controls can be used to manipulate the default "locked spot" view in future, which would more or less give the same result we are looking for. Whether locked spot allows the camera to be rotated away from pointing at the aircraft's centre/origin, I do not know. Probably not knowing FSX...

DCS and Rise of Flight have excellent external cameras where you can freely orbit around the aircraft, but toggle a kind of 'dolly' mode where the camera can rotate without moving. You can set the aircraft nicely off-centre, then switch back to orbit mode and have the aircraft stay off-centre as you rotate the view. Great for screenshots. I often find orbit cameras faster & more convenient than a truly 'free' camera, such as CP uses for externals at the moment. But that too has its uses of course!

Fingers crossed for the future development of CP :)

• Upvote 1