Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Extensive OOM's

try disabling the car traffic completely - at least in my case this prevents the memory bleeding in version 3.4

Thomas

I actually reverted back my driver to 373.XX and its much better.... . But still, even with optimize parts =0 the VAS consumption is high.... 

I actually reverted back my driver to 373.XX and its much better.... . But still, even with optimize parts =0 the VAS consumption is high.... 

For some technical reason, P3Dv3.4 brought back the concerns about high VAS consumption compared to P3Dv3.0-3.3, and that seems to be a fact that I suspect we all are expecting to be solved with a new release by LM of the P3Dv3.x series or with a new P3Dv4.0 (either on 32 or 64 bit). If you have your sim constantly OOM'eing, I suspect you have something wrong with your settings (high car/AI traffic, sliders to much to the right, etc.) that you'd have to look at.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

So those are mine results: 

Optimize Parts=0 results in lower VAS, but lower FPS 

Optimize Parts=1 results in MUCH higher VAS, but normal performance. 

I actually found that I still have v3.3 saved on my PC. My question is: Do I only need to install the client to revert back? Or do I have to Install the Content and Scenery too? Or just uninstalling the Client is enough? 

Thank you

What you say is of course true that different settings usually will give different results on different systems so trying it out will be the best thing.

In my case though when I tried it in the past the drop in FPS was huge (like 10-15 FPS IIRC) and I know lots of other people had the same result.

Richard,

This is something I noticed...load up a heavy metal airplane with OPTIMIZE_PARTS on.  Let it sit there for one minute watching the FPS.  On my system, the frames slowly rise.  At Heathrow the 777 starts in the mid teens and goes up to 27.  Same with the A320 except a little longer, up to 25.  I guess it takes time to work.  After that it's fine.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So those are mine results: 

Optimize Parts=0 results in lower VAS, but lower FPS 

Optimize Parts=1 results in MUCH higher VAS, but normal performance. 

I actually found that I still have v3.3 saved on my PC. My question is: Do I only need to install the client to revert back? Or do I have to Install the Content and Scenery too? Or just uninstalling the Client is enough? 

Thank you

Try this, is taken from a question about rolling back to previous versions of P3Dv3.x at the P3D forums (thanks to Elaine-Poppet):

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=122100

If you have third party add-ons like GSX from FSDT, I would recommend you to update the Content portion too. The Client portion is obligatory. I always upgrade Client and Content. I've never updated the Scenery portion, just because the changes on default Scenery between the P3D3.x versions are not substantial (IMHO).

Good luck. Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Richard,

This is something I noticed...load up a heavy metal airplane with OPTIMIZE_PARTS on.  Let it sit there for one minute watching the FPS.  On my system, the frames slowly rise.  At Heathrow the 777 starts in the mid teens and goes up to 27.  Same with the A320 except a little longer, up to 25.  I guess it takes time to work.  After that it's fine.

Thanks Gregg but I currently have optimize parts enabled without any VAS issues so no need for me to play around with that setting.

Richard Åsberg

Try this, is taken from a question about rolling back to previous versions of P3Dv3.x at the P3D forums (thanks to Elaine-Poppet):

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=122100

If you have third party add-ons like GSX from FSDT, I would recommend you to update the Content portion too. The Client portion is obligatory. I always upgrade Client and Content. I've never updated the Scenery portion, just because the changes on default Scenery between the P3D3.x versions are not substantial (IMHO).

Good luck. Cheers, Ed

Thank you very much!

Im on 3.3.5 now. Its nice to have a "normal" flight again. 

Best Regards,

Richard,

Think you will find that is Jetways operateing for AI. I have noticed that to really reduce VAS had to heavily reduce AI down to 5% at heathrow . Could not use Traffic manager to do this because once loaded  the vas hit was there and did not unload . Something I never had to worry about before .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

For anyone fighting VAS issues that still has the installation media for 3.2 or 3.3 I highly suggest going back to that version.

Since I moved back to 3.2 I've had zero VAS issues using the exact same setup I used with version 3.4 and instead I can invest all my time enjoying myself flying.

Richard Åsberg

I absolutely agree with you, WebMaximus. 

3.3.5 or 3.2 are as solid as they can be.... . So unfortunate that in order to move forward LM has to take two steps back.... lol. 

I also believe that to the addition of LM not managing VAS correctly, ASCA or ASN SP1 might have something to do with higher VAS usage as well... . 

Thanks,

Regards,

For anyone fighting VAS issues that still has the installation media for 3.2 or 3.3 I highly suggest going back to that version.

Since I moved back to 3.2 I've had zero VAS issues using the exact same setup I used with version 3.4 and instead I can invest all my time enjoying myself flying.

+1

Since I went back to v 3.3.5, I have no OOM anymore in situations where before in 3.4 the sim ran out of VAS.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Dont understand how you guys are getting vas issues?? Running perfectly fine here. Except one freeze and ctd with latest hotfix

With default aircraft and location.

Fsuipc asn and object flow all updated  

Except.for fsdt addon manager which may be the culprit 

Cheers

Mike

@mikeymike guys here are saying that when you use a lot of addons with v 3.4.9 OOM happens, while using default stuff as you have stated, it is obvious that oom will not happen. :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q