Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Extensive OOM's

Hello;
Are any of you experiencing OOM's more than usual? I have only OOM'd in P3D 1 time (it was at EDDF) After than no more OOM's until this week. Within this week I have had maybe 4 OOM's? Any of you experience anything similar? I'm very curious if the Windows update has anything to do with it. Something is definately up. Since P3D v3.0 I have only had one OOM, now 4 in a row..... Im on P3D v3.4 with the latest hotfix, but the problem started even before I have applied the hotfix. 

My settings are modest, the same since V3.0.... .  
Thank you

Hello;

Are any of you experiencing OOM's more than usual? I have only OOM'd in P3D 1 time (it was at EDDF) After than no more OOM's until this week. Within this week I have had maybe 4 OOM's? Any of you experience anything similar? I'm very curious if the Windows update has anything to do with it. Something is definately up. Since P3D v3.0 I have only had one OOM, now 4 in a row..... Im on P3D v3.4 with the latest hotfix, but the problem started even before I have applied the hotfix. 

My settings are modest, the same since V3.0.... .  

Thank you

Look into your Prepar3D.CFG file for the parameter OPTIMIZE_PARTS in the [sIM] section. If not present, add the line OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 (zero). If present, make sure is set to zero (=0). Particularly for P3Dv3.4, this parameter should be set to zero, as explained in another post here back in October. This should help you to gain approx 300 MB of VAS.

Please report your results.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It as at the cost of fsp in some complex aircraft . I found it too large a compromise. Lost 4 to 5 fsp complex aircraft and airport.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

As others already said using this parameter you need to understand what effect it will have.

If you fly PMDG a/c I'm not so sure you want to set this parameter to 0 since that will have a very significant impact on your FPS and it won't be a positive impact.

Richard Åsberg

One "solution" for quite a number of people has been staying/going back to previous versions of P3D such as 3.2 and 3.3 where the relation between FPS and VAS in many cases has been proven to be superior vs in the latest version of P3D (3.4x).

Personally I'm back using 3.2.3.16769 and it's 100% stable with zero OOM/VAS issues and the performance is great (rarely see below 30 FPS) with lots of add-ons some of them quite heavy such as:

• All global Orbx stuff (FTX Global, FTX Global Vector, FTX openLC)
  • FS Global Ultimate mesh
  • PMDG NGX
  • AS16
  • FSFX Packages (immersive pack for the NGX with all effects enabled)
  • GSX
  • Lots of payware airports from Aerosoft, FT, UK2000, T2G and so on...

Most of the sliders in P3D with few exceptions are to the far right.

Richard Åsberg

I would love to go back to 3.2, but...but, LM doesnt give you the option and I didnt save it......  (Client) So yeah.... Im stuck. 

Was going to do this that did not have the hotfixed version which I believe is the earliest compatible with as 2016

Colin hodds

I would love to go back to 3.2, but...but, LM doesnt give you the option and I didnt save it......  (Client) So yeah.... Im stuck. 

Sorry to hear that.

I guess many of us learned this lesson the hard way after version 3.4 was released. I already ventilated my personal opinion on this and won't do it again but in short I'm not particularly impressed by the way the company behind P3D is doing business and their customer service.

Richard Åsberg

Just an observation for those who use traffic optimizer . I removes the aircraft and helps with fps . If the aircraft is in your L.O.D the vas has already loaded  and does I believe not go away .

Colin hodds

If you fly PMDG a/c I'm not so sure you want to set this parameter to 0 since that will have a very significant impact on your FPS and it won't be a positive impact.

Depends. You should still try it.  I do not see any frame rate impact with any PMDG VC. Again, not many blanket statements when it comes to optimum settings for everyone.

Dan Downs KCRP

Depends. You should still try it.  I do not see any frame rate impact with any PMDG VC. Again, not many blanket statements when it comes to optimum settings for everyone.

What you say is of course true that different settings usually will give different results on different systems so trying it out will be the best thing.

In my case though when I tried it in the past the drop in FPS was huge (like 10-15 FPS IIRC) and I know lots of other people had the same result.

Richard Åsberg

Yes to your original question. CTD issues since a Windows 10 update last week. OOM as well but it's been tougher to tie down the source of the memory leak. This is not associated with 3.4.9 at least for me, which was running very well until recently. NVIDIA drivers updated recently as well. I'm going to roll those back and see if things improve.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Hi, I don't see any impact on FPS either on complex aircraft like the 737NGX or 777 (PMDG) with the OPTIMIZE_PARTS modification, but a lot of VAS savings. It's up to everyone to test in your own system, as optimum settings for everyone is something that never exists.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers