Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Majestic Dash-8 instrument problem

When the cockpit view of the Majestic Dash 8 first appears all five large screens are lite up for about a second showing flight data then in three screens there's the large green T that appears which is normal the other two are showing the normal data. The large green tee in the three screens is not going away. I'm in the configuration where the instruments are working but the engines are not. I have FSX SE.

I re-installed and everything is good except the stearing. I checked to make sure it was on and it was but it's not responding to my yoke. It does respond to the mouse but that's not going to work.

nvm

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

How good is the systems modelling on the majestic dash 8? I don't own one, but here's a couple of guesses based on the sim aircraft I have "flown",  along the lines of what Peter was alluding to. If the aircraft is on battery power alone then the avionics may work for a while then quit, hence the T on the screens. If you do have external power available, then have you made sure that the hydraulics can be powered too? That may be why you've no steering. (mouse control might be a "feature").

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mark,

How good is the systems modelling on the majestic dash 8? I don't own one,

Goood  :smile: 

The Q400 is in my eyes probably the best addon plane for FSX/P3D. System modelling is on par with PMDG, but it is much better on frame rates because the developers have modelled many systems outside of the simulator. 

My personal systems highlights: 
- If you forget to stow the gear pins, you won't be able to retract the gear
- If you do not set the altimeter both on the primary and secondary artificial horizon, your altimeter settings will be considered as "wrong"

Peter

I re-installed and everything is good except the stearing. I checked to make sure it was on and it was but it's not responding to my yoke. It does respond to the mouse but that's not going to work.

in the control panel there are 3 options:

mouse

mouse+ailerons

spoiler axis

pick the one you want, i use the 2nd one

note that this does plane uses the ailerons, not rudder, which is unlike most other addons.

you also need to enable the steering in the cockpit itself, there is a switch on the lower left near the steering tiller.

cheers

-andy crosby

As mentioned in the MJC forums where you posted initially.

Good to hear the initial issue has been resolved.  Regarding the NWS, have you assigned its functionality via the CPAN or the mjc84.ini?  Provided that your input devices are working based on the calibration via the CPAN, setting up the NWS via the yoke "in most cases:  9.5/10" will work.  

Please remember that if a change is implemented via the CPAN - One MUST ALWAYS:
1.  Hit APPLY (at the bottom of the CPAN page)

2.  RELOAD the aircraft from within the simulator (re-loading of the simulator is not necessary)

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

In the control panel there are 3 options  I chose mouse and ailerons and now my tiller is working. Thank's for your help.

• Upvote 1