Sign in to follow this  
737caupgrade

Will PMDG 737-800 Help Me for Training?

Hello all,

My name is Kim.   I am training soon at a major US airline for 737-800 captain.  The fidelity of the sims here is amazing.  I'm wondering if flying the

PMDG 737-800 sim would help my training.   I would like to message with someone here who lives on the US East coast.  My thought is possibly arranging for some sim time.

Thanks 

Yes, indeed it will help knowing the systems on the 737NG much better. It will NOT, although, give you the feels or the g-forces a pilot has to face.

The PMDG 737NGX is licensed by Boeing, so there's not a detail to be missed!

Agree with Mr. Captain. Even though you may not be IN the cockpit, the way I see it is any time spent going through the motions, and hopefully building GOOD HABITS, is time well spent! :) Good luck to you on your career as a 737 pilot! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Hello all,

My name is Kim.   I am training soon at a major US airline for 737-800 captain.  The fidelity of the sims here is amazing.  I'm wondering if flying the

PMDG 737-800 sim would help my training.   I would like to message with someone here who lives on the US East coast.  My thought is possibly arranging for some sim time.

Thanks 

I certainly think it would help in terms of orientation and working your flows etc. As pointed out you won't get the actual physical feel of the aircraft but it would be good practice for flows/setting up FMC and running various failures for practice. I would think it would give you a leg up in your training as you will have a basic knowledge and comfort level with the way systems work.