Sign in to follow this  
fleendo

Does anyone has a AS350 helicopter with working rotor blade textures?

Hello folks,

I downloaded a freeware AS350 helicopter from the internet, tested it and found a annoying problem. The rotor blades disappear behind clouds and autogen obejcts. So the rotor blades disappear almost the entire time. I already tried everything.  Replaced the blade textures with other blade textures from FSX default helicopters, from other freeware FSX AS350 addons, from other freeware FSX helicopters, I adjusted the 'alpha' channel of the faulty blade textures with photoshop.. Nothing solved the problem.

So my question is if anyone has a AS350 with working "bmp" rotor blade textures like "prop_as_main.bmp" and "prop_as_tail.bmp" for FSX?

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Helzer

The rotor blades disappear behind clouds and autogen obejcts. So the rotor blades disappear almost the entire time.

Seems it's not the only heli to suffer  this problem:-

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493103-clouds-in-the-way/

Unfortunately I don't think the OP found a solution.. :(

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

What is the "OP" ?

OP= Original Poster....He who created the thread.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The model will be legacy built using the fs8 sdk Mdl format.

There is no fix.

it's the order in which the clouds and the rotor are drawn which is the issue not the texture.

The same thing occurs with props on port over aircraft, it's just less obvious than on a helicopter.

• Upvote 1