Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Necropost: ORBX Pricing Structure 85% discounted

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125404-lower-pricing-on-85-of-orbx-airports/

•  
  • 21 airports have been reduced in price by 37.5% to become the entry-level Silver tier
  • 67 airports have been reduced in price by 17.5% to become the mid-range Gold tier
  • 16 airports have remained at their current price to become the premium Platinum tier

Orbx_Airport_Pricing_Tiers2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Thanks for the heads up.

I did a price point comparison some time back and found that they had pretty much across the board jacked up their prices by 20% anyway.

3W5 Concrete muni I paid $30.95 when it came out six years ago.  That's six years ago. I see the new "discounted" price is actually still more ($32.95) than I paid six years ago, so its really not a price reduction.

Yes we know that there is inflation, new entrants into simming etc.  But, now if you told me it was going for $15...that would be a deal.  I would have thought also that the "new store" cuts out the middle man and therefore the margin of profit would be higher for each item.

• Upvote 12

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yeah, they're close to the top of the pricing range for airports.  Some of them are just wonderful and I've flown into them many times.  Others I've bought just sit there idle.  At their prices I've become rather picky...looking at other airports as well.  Good quality, though.

They might also want to think about regions.  If they dropped prices there they might sell more airports.  Ireland, for sure, should be one region.  But I love Germany and am looking forward to a Benelux like you wouldn't believe.  Every so often I think about Alaska airports but when you combine the cost of the region and the airports...ugh.

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There will always be ppl that complain...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Upvote 8

Nathan Brennan

IMHO, Orbx has some great airports, but value compared against Flightbeam and some of FSDT's latest offerings?. Not so much..

Ernie

• Upvote 4

Ernest Pergrem

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

+1

Airports like Juneau, Valdez, Jacksons in PNG or Lake Tahoe, just to name a few are definitely worth their money. And when Innsbruck will come out by the end of this month, I'll sure get it too, because with many of the ORBX airports there is so much to see and plenty of scenery around it that is worth exploring low and slow. 

I admit that I have many of their airports. Do I fly into all of them regularly? No, but then I got many of them when they were discounted 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Well, I'm happy that ESSA's price has been reduced.

It has been in my "to buy" list for a long time now. :smile:

ORBX airports have great quality but their price points vs. value vs. competition of the same quality is sorely lacking.   I don't care about all their GA airports and wish they would do more big airports.  The two they have that I want I have held off picking up because  40 bucks for a single runway airport is NOT a good value compared to the rest of the sim market.

• Upvote 3

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Wish Global and Vector had a sale.

Not saying they are not worth it but it's not cheap especially if you are looking at expanding to other regions in the future.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

ORBX airports have great quality but their price points vs. value vs. competition of the same quality is sorely lacking.   I don't care about all their GA airports and wish they would do more big airports.  The two they have that I want I have held off picking up because  40 bucks for a single runway airport is NOT a good value compared to the rest of the sim market.

I guess it all depends on the kind of flying you do. Because Jackson Hole, Yellowstone Bozeman, and Cairns, just to name a few, are Mega Airports that any dev should be proud of with a TON of regional scenery to match. I see that as a better value than just a highly detailed airport with the surrounding area being untouched, like Flightbeam, FSDT, and FlyTampa do. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

FlyTampa

FlyTampa? o.O  They cover a wide area around their airports.  You've seen Copenhagen and Corfu, yes?

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Everybody is, of course, aware that their prices are libelled in Australian dollars which means than a 40 dollars airport in the list above is a 29.90 US dollars for Americans or 27.90 Euros airport for Europeans ?

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I guess it all depends on the kind of flying you do. Because Jackson Hole, Yellowstone Bozeman, and Cairns, just to name a few, are Mega Airports that any dev should be proud of with a TON of regional scenery to match. I see that as a better value than just a highly detailed airport with the surrounding area being untouched, like Flightbeam, FSDT, and FlyTampa do. 

FlyTampa? o.O  They cover a wide area around their airports.  You've seen Copenhagen and Corfu, yes?

+1

and not to forget Dubai or Kai Tak/Hong Kong ...

:smile:

• Upvote 1

I don't care about all their GA airports and wish they would do more big airports.

Which comes to show this is a very subjective and personal subject.  :wink: I myself rather have small airports with a huge area around it with photoreal and all kinds of objects than a huge airports and nothing else. I myself am thinking about getting Orbx's LOWI mainly because of the huge area that is included. Great for flying around in with the trike. Other than that I don't care too much for addon airports although I did reinstall Airports of Norway yesterday because it does make flying into my main Norwegian airports a little bit nicer and because it clearly shows the gate numbers. But I seldom buy addon airports anymore. I spend most my time in the cockpit and in the air so airports don't matter that much to me. 

Apart from all that I do like the new Orbx pricing structure.