Sign in to follow this  
joelpacheco

757 Trump Force One

Is there any 757 for FSX out there close to PMDG quality?

I looked at Quality Wings and Captain Sim but I was not impressed.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Quality Wings and CaptainSim cornered the market with this model and PMDG has not made it, nor have they indicated whether they will move forward with modelling the older Boeing fleet, so it's either one for now, although another option (a little less detailed for systems) is the JustFlight 757.  I own all of them and have flown all of them.  QW had a slight edge over CaptainSim, whereas CaptainSim did a little better job modelling more of the interior.  Justflight's is a simple aircraft, with "only what you need to get in the air", as I like to call it, and they marketed it under their F-Light Series.

When you say "not impressed", what was it about them you didn't like?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

I can highly recommend you the Flight Factor 757v2 for X-Plane 10 (or 11, which will get released before the end of the year, and you will get it for free if you buy v10 now)

I had X-Plane completely uninstalled, and reinstalled the sim and some major scenery things (all free- or donantion ware) in less than 4 hours.

XPX won't cost more than an usual good quality add on, the 757 is $64,99, so if hard disc space isn't a problem for you (although you can customise the XPX installation by choosing which regions of the world you want istalled), and depending on how bad you want a good 757, this might be the best option.

The look and feel of the 757v2 by FF is outstandingly good, and it performs and flies like a dream in XPX!

The systems and immersion is top notch as well!

I can highly recommend you the Flight Factor 757v2 for X-Plane 10 (or 11, which will get released before the end of the year, and you will get it for free if you buy v10 now)

I had X-Plane completely uninstalled, and reinstalled the sim and some major scenery things (all free- or donantion ware) in less than 4 hours.

XPX won't cost more than an usual good quality add on, the 757 is $64,99, so if hard disc space isn't a problem for you (although you can customise the XPX installation by choosing which regions of the world you want istalled), and depending on how bad you want a good 757, this might be the best option.

The look and feel of the 757v2 by FF is outstandingly good, and it performs and flies like a dream in XPX!

The systems and immersion is top notch as well!

I would concur, but the OP was speaking about FSX.  I am an XP convert and agree that the FF757 looks to be an adequate model, although the word around the campfire is divided on whether the new version is worth getting at the moment.

If the OP enlightened us about what he is looking for, coupled with his opinions on why the QW and CS 757 wasn't impressive, it would help.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have both and prefer the QW model to the Captainsim offering. Just can't get the VC view in the CS model right.

Guest Mik75

I would concur, but the OP was speaking about FSX.  I am an XP convert and agree that the FF757 looks to be an adequate model, although the word around the campfire is divided on whether the new version is worth getting at the moment.

If the OP enlightened us about what he is looking for, coupled with his opinions on why the QW and CS 757 wasn't impressive, it would help.

I know. But it doesn't hurt, nor does it cause any damage to the computer or the user to install XPX, right? ;-)

Maybe that would be the start of a great love affair! ;-)

I know. But it doesn't hurt, nor does it cause any damage to the computer or the user to install XPX, right? ;-)

Maybe that would be the start of a great love affair! ;-)

Oh heck yeah.  When I hit my breaking point with P3D, I thought I would stroll over to the other side of the fence to see what all the hubbub was about with XP.  I am glad I did, because since I threw caution to the wind and bought the full version, via XP's site (with the option to get the free upgrade to XP11), I've never been happier.  I have zero, repeat zero issues with XP, in terms of performance and visuals.  I just bought the JarDesign A320 and took my first real flight with it last night and I couldn't be happier with the results (although I do need practice).  No crashes, OOMs or otherwise detrimental results.

The way I see it (just my opinion), what is happening with P3D and FSX are just a intricate series of band-aids that may never seriously address performance issues as both are still 32-bit sims.  With XP's 64-bit capability, all of my 32gb of memory is available to use, no VAS limits, no headaches and no more holes in my walls from my head hitting them. :)

I only pointed out what I did because the OP seemed to want some answers on FSX-related add-ons.

I almost never leave the VC, so the exterior is not that important to me. Both models I looked at, the quality of the textures of the cockpit is not what we see in "PMDG" quality. This is just from photos and from the non functional demo one of them offer. Of course I do not own either and I can me completely wrong. My question was hoping for any other, besides QW and CS, that I never heard of.

I do have xplane in my computer and very much enjoy the Embraer 110, which is the only addon plane I have in xplane. But I have invested a lot of time and money over the years to make FSX look ok: airports, weather, textures, traffic ....

I barely have time to flight since life gets in the way. I do not have the time and energy at the moment for xplane.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Guest Mik75

Oh heck yeah. When I hit my breaking point with P3D, I thought I would stroll over to the other side of the fence to see what all the hubbub was about with XP. I am glad I did, because since I threw caution to the wind and bought the full version, via XP's site (with the option to get the free upgrade to XP11), I've never been happier. I have zero, repeat zero issues with XP, in terms of performance and visuals. I just bought the JarDesign A320 and took my first real flight with it last night and I couldn't be happier with the results (although I do need practice). No crashes, OOMs or otherwise detrimental results.

The way I see it (just my opinion), what is happening with P3D and FSX are just a intricate series of band-aids that may never seriously address performance issues as both are still 32-bit sims. With XP's 64-bit capability, all of my 32gb of memory is available to use, no VAS limits, no headaches and no more holes in my walls from my head hitting them. :)

I only pointed out what I did because the OP seemed to want some answers on FSX-related add-ons.

Sure, that's cool, buddy!

Some people seem to be obsessed when it comes to their preferred sim platform, especially when they've put a lot of effort and/or money into it (which I can partly understand)! ;-)

As I stated above, I got my XPX install running within 4 hours, the same evening I've already done my first online flight. OOM, tweaking and more tweaking are simply not happening in XPX.

And the lighting, atmospheric effects and its smoothness is second to none in the civil flight simulator market.

But it's not about the sim platform here. So, if the OP sincerely wants a very good 757, he should give XPX a try.

The graphics, the flight model and the smoothness create such an immersive experience.

I have the CS and QW as well, and out of the two, I'd pick the QW. But the FF 757 is so much better, and makes you feel like sitting in the real thing, that the additional effort and money is well worth it, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the comments, I will give Quality Wings a go.

Joel Pacheco

I'm sticking with the QW 757, can't seem to get the CS757 working properly when it comes to dials and switches.

\Robert Hamlich/